Indoor 1s EDF models

Eric Strefford

EDF 3Info about our St.Helens indoor flying group EDF models most are profile models and powered by 1s EDF 30mm fan units salvaged from old Silverlit or Airhogs models.EDF 1

The first model built was the FJ1 Fury by myself back in January 2014 and since then other members of the group have been busy.Fury FJ 1

We have found that if you can keep the weight down to 26gm including the battery they will fly quite happily on a single fan unit using a 220mAh LiPo.Above that and you have to either add an additional fan or go to a brushless motor.

All of the models are about 16" span and built from 3mm depron or aero depron.

The Buccaneer is 18" span weighs 70gm and uses 2x30mm GWS fans with 1s brushless inrunner motors each motor draws 2A and so a 300mAh cell is used.Buccaneer

The S3 Viking uses 2xSilverlit fans with 1x 220mAh cell and has a moulded fuselage and weighs 40gm the details of the moulding technique are on an RCgroups thread.S3 Viking

The Viking flies for about 6-8min on this battery and has a steerable nose wheel, the slats and flaps allow it to fly slower than the original test profile model also shown in my album. "Streffs Indoor Album"

If you want any more information please feel free to reply to this thread or pm me.

Eric

Edited By Eric Strefford on 20/02/2015 14:59:28

Edited By Eric Strefford on 20/02/2015 15:07:00

• Like 1

Advert

• 7 years later...

Hi

My original post is from quite some time ago and as I now produce the models as kits the only one I am prepared to give you a PDF of is the Buckeye.

If you want a copy let me know and I will sort one out for you.

Where do you live? I use a particular EDF unit that I make and sell but it might be to expensive to ship compared to the cost of the unit.

Regards

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
Le 10/03/2022 à 23:41, Eric Strefford a dit :

Salut

Mon message original date d'il ya un certain temps et comme je produis maintenant les modèles sous forme de kits, le seul dont je suis prêt à vous donner un PDF est le Buckeye.

Si vous voulez une copie, faites-le moi savoir et je vous en prépare une.

Où habites-tu ? J'utilise une unité EDF particulière que je fabrique et vends, mais l'expédition peut être trop coûteuse par rapport au coût de l'unité.

Salutations

Éric

Hello,

I allow myself to make a follow-up because I still have not received the Buckeye PDF.

Thank you

Diiity

Edited by diiity