Reliable keychain camera

Hi, I have bought two keychain cameras (one from Jessop's, one from eBay),both ended up costing about £20 and both were useless,really.

I thought perhaps it was because I run Win 7 (ultimate), but I tried them in virtual XP Mode and still could get no useful results.

Yet I have seen key chain cameras on YouTube giving smashing aerial photography!

I would be ever so grateful if someone could give a link to a keychain camera that actually works!

Thanks in advance,Ted.

Hi Ted,

You don't say what you have purchased but..........

I use an 808#16 and get satisfying results.

Having said that, if there is low light, the footage is of lesser quality. The clip I have provided is from the 808 with the weather conditions (lighting) just right - dont forget to click 720 on the settings icon on the clip.

Some of my flying buddies use the Mobius camera which has quite good footage and settings that can be adjusted.

Rosco

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 01:53:04

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 02:10:31

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 02:11:41

Posted by ted hughes on 31/03/2015 01:11:42:

Hi, I have bought two keychain cameras (one from Jessop's, one from eBay),both ended up costing about £20 and both were useless,really.

I thought perhaps it was because I run Win 7 (ultimate), but I tried them in virtual XP Mode and still could get no useful results.

Ted, your post suggests that the issue is possibly not the cameras!

IF it is, then the 808#16 is the smallest decent one (I have three, one wide angle), and the Mobius (I have two one std lens, one wide angle) as already suggested are the way to go, HOWEVER..................we need much better info on what you have setup/lead/SD reader/SD make and size, etc, etc before personally I'd eliminate them from the issues rather than the camera(s). For example, are you downloading the file from the camera, or from the SD card via a reader/PC slot?.....................Is there a file stored of a size large enough? Is the battery good? What format is the file? What software are you trying to read it with?

Edited By Dave Bran on 31/03/2015 07:33:53

Ted,

The Mobius Action Cam, excellent though it is, is not always a swap for a keyfob shape cam, its larger, heavier, completely differently proportioned and balanced.

THE website for keyfob info/folklore/data is:-

**LINK**

No time to look, but there used to be a series of info on all the keyfobs that would help identify which one you actually have (and therefore its quality)

Ted

Exactly what type of camera did you buy?.

The basic "808" key chain cameras do work well enough with some limitations (I have bought several). The big plus is they don't cost anything like £20. The last one I bought cost me the princely sum of £3.66 delivered (Ebay).

At that sort of price if it fails you just buy another!

Posted by Rosco on 31/03/2015 01:51:19:

Hi Ted,

You don't say what you have purchased but..........

I use an 808#16 and get satisfying results.

Having said that, if there is low light, the footage is of lesser quality. The clip I have provided is from the 808 with the weather conditions (lighting) just right - dont forget to click 720 on the settings icon on the clip.

Some of my flying buddies use the Mobius camera which has quite good footage and settings that can be adjusted.

Rosco

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 01:53:04

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 02:10:31

Edited By Rosco on 31/03/2015 02:11:41

Rosco, your camera works well. Could you give me a link to where you bought it?Thanks

I can second the the vote for the 808 #16. I think mine was around £20 and has the medium wideangle lens. It gives unbelievably high quality images for the price. I can't remember where I got it but I suspect eBay will have them on sale somewhere. There are cheaper key chain cameras which have the same outside appearance but, whilst OK don't give such good results.

Geoff