7C 2.4 Tranny Programming

Adrian Smith 1

Just trying to remind myself how to set up my elevators using two servos rather than the just one with a pull/pull method.

If I read the manual correctly I can use the Ailervator mix by removing the INH to the On position, setting the aileron 3 & 4 to 0% and then just using elevator 1 & 2 at +/- 100% depending on whether one servo needs reversing. I assume I just use a y-lead to connect the two servos into the elevator channel, in this case CH2. I a bit thick on these things so I am hoping somebody will put me right.

Advert

Had to upgrade to a 10C for it to work on two separately channelled elevator servos. All would work fine on the 7C until the trim tab was used during flight & it only trimmed one elevator. Posted questions on Futaba site & was informed it was not possible to trim in flight. If you do find a work around, please let me know.

That is interesting Charles, that would explain my F14 problems. I had it set up like this, before the test flight I dialed in a couple of clicks of up trim just in case. On launch it rolled left before I could and hit the deck before I could catch it. Back in the workshop I saw only one elevator moved with trim. I thought it was the way I had set it up but obviously not. I have not looked at it since but will take another look now.

Thanks Cliff

This gets more confusing! Apparently with newer 7c it will work.

I have just tired my F14 and got it to work like this. Plug one servo in channel 1 and the other in channel 2. Set the elevon function on. Set the aileron travel to 0. It all works fine.

Of course this is fine on my F14 because it does not have any ailerons so I can use channel 1.and have the aileron travel set to full to get tailerons. You could not use this method on a plane with ailerons as well.

To confuse matters more I have tried my extra which has twin elevator servos. This has one servo in channel 2 and the other in channel 5. I then have a mix with channel one as the master and channel 5 as a slave, and guess what the trim function only works one elevator! Worryingly I have been flying it for a while, luckily I have never had to use elevator trim!

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 04/05/2015 21:38:41

Thanks Cymaz. It does work, just done it on my extra. Plug one servo into channel 2 and the other into channel 5, set ailervator on and in that mix set aileron travel to 0. Both elevators work together and trim works both.

Sorry Charles looks like you did not need to upgrade!

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 04/05/2015 21:45:05

Posted by Charles Lee on 04/05/2015 21:50:49:

Hi Cliff, by trim I take it you mean in flight trim on TX front not sub trim? If that's the case Cymaz has more brains than Futaba support. 10C for sale anyone crying 2

No mate, just a lot of searching on the web and youtube. And head scratching too.

Edited By cymaz on 04/05/2015 21:55:35

Well I am so happy to say the suggested ailervator mix on my 7C 2.4 TX actually does produce what I want with separate elevator servos acting in unison. I have just tried it and it's just brilliant! Using 0% on Ail 3 & 4 and Elev 1 & 2 +100%/-100% respectively does the trick whilst plugging the 2 servos into CH2 & CH5 without the need the master/slave them. Amazing! Thanks for all the input guys and just shows it's good to talk!