UK Gyro Meet 2015 news

Cali

Gents, due to the economic climate my company like many others is tightening there purse strings and have changed out our work schedule to a 5/5 rotation, this has a knock on affect for the dates of Winterton 2015.sad

The new options for the dates are 7, 8, 9th Aug

Second option would have been 20, 21, 22nd Aug however most people are favouring the first option 7-9th

I can only apologise for this inconvenience but I don't really have control over it, I very much hope that all who planned to attend can still do so!

Cali

Advert

• 1 month later...

Gents, 29 days and counting yes. Looking forward to seeing friends of old and hopefully all you budding gyro nuts that are about to take to the skies a GA with your Atoms "hope you all have a great weekend there with glorious weather!"

A special request to all the day flyers attending Winterton for the UK Gyro Meet, please feel free to stick your hand in your pocket and donate a fiver for your days flying, all proceeds from the weekend are donated to North Lincs Air Ambulance "a very worthy cause I'm sure you will agree" we also have some very nice raffle prizes, so the more tickets you buy the better chance of winning you have and the more money we can donate! Thank You Very Much!

Cali

• 3 weeks later...

Could some one please check the RCM&E Aug edition on the event listings as I have just had and email saying that the UK Gyro Meet at Winterton gives dates for 7-9Sept when in fact the dates should be 7-9Aug, can't get to my mag as I'm in the Middle East at work.

Thanks

Cali

Posted by Cali on 24/07/2015 09:06:21:

Could some one please check the RCM&E Aug edition on the event listings as I have just had and email saying that the UK Gyro Meet at Winterton gives dates for 7-9Sept when in fact the dates should be 7-9Aug, can't get to my mag as I'm in the Middle East at work.

Thanks

Cali

The mag says 7-9 Sept.

• 2 weeks later...

wp_20150808_006.jpgwp_20150808_005.jpgwp_20150808_002.jpg

A few snaps taken from what is now the largest autogyro meet in the world, I counted 97 models yesterday. Thanks to all the lads at Winterton model flying club for putting up with us yet again and to David Ashby for putting up son excellent raffle prizes. I will upload better photos and videos next week.

Rich​

Here is a video of Dave Muir's Panther XL maiden voyage. He has been bringing this along to our meet for several years but has never managed a maiden taking it back home to add extra mods.

Each year it has got closer and now sports a shorter 90" rotor, uprated head servos totalling a static force of 80kg, 10s power weighing in at around 19lbs. His patience and skill has finally paid off as it is a great flier that, despite its weight is a real floater.

Probably the largest flying tractor autogyro in the world at the momentsmile d and it all packs away nicely into a small car boot