Miles Magister 68

I find the Apc's tend to be more efficient than the square tipped Master Airscrew props, so you have to remember the wattmeter is measuring power consumed. It might be worth comparing the rpm of the two props, and if you want to be completely thorough the static thrust. I have seen a prop draw less current (lower wattage consumed) but develop the same rpm, ie more efficient. But really you need to compare that to thrust generated to really know.

Or just go with your gut and fly it

Having settled on a 14x8 and a 3S set up, I will be using 4000Mah (as I have about 8) instead of the 4S 5000 has of course throwm the CoG back about 20mm.... as I always feel humping round half a church roof is a bit of a waste - decided to use a HK Sound Unit as ballast, yes it a radial sound but.............

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 14/08/2015 22:38:34

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took the maggie down to the field today for some power tests - feels like she wants to fly, but I kept her down on the deck - I need to rake the U/c legs a little more forwards to cut the nose over tendency she seems to have and sort out the wheel alignment as runs a little crab wise........

• 2 weeks later...

Well she maidened this morning................... the test pilot should have finished trembling by about Tuesday...

Needs some right thrust on the motor she really doesn't like anything but left turns!

Want to increase the throws on the ailerons

But as someone once said "I counted them all out and I counted them all back in" 1 and 1 = Relief!!!