Miles Magister 68

Advert

Starting to look like an hairyplane.... flappy bits on the wings to do next and set the incidence (and correct the slight cockeyedness of the tailplane!) then I'm guessing some sort of esc thingie in the nose and other bits of electrickery would help too....

monday am 006.jpg

monday am 007.jpg

monday am 008.jpg

monday am 009.jpg

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 10/08/2015 08:54:51

Now wondering whats the best way to tackle the front windshield - it a three sided affair

Got the idea of using some of the slaters moulded plastic for the frames - I am sure they do a square U section and a similar H section that would do...... but would it be robust enough?

Dave,

you will find EMA Plastruct and Evergreen do channel and angle plastic, but it's likely to be a bit flimsy. I'd use ally sheet. The thin stuff from K&S metal centres is very nice ally indeed. It stays stiff for flat stuff like your screen frame, but works very well over a wood pattern into scoops, vents, bulges, etc. I once made a 1/32nd scale Morgan 3 wheeler body entirely from it.

You'll need to be nifty with a piercing saw, although a junior hacksaw and some Swiss files will do it. Cut out flat from a card pattern, then fold up. As it'll be all in one it'll be as strong as you can make it.

Cheers,

MrTin

I'd bet my engineer's square that frame is square tube and it appears to be painted, so brass square tube from K&S will be fine. Then some plastic for the braces to save weight or more brass. I would guess it's good ol' interior green/gray, too. The back one can be ally, with just a part fold in it, then carefully nudged round with your thumbs and impressed from behind with a rivet tool (otherwise known as a scriber into hardwood!)

Some things, Depron won't do<G>

Cheers,

MrTin

Installed a ESC for a bench power test - considering that to look scale it needs a 13 or 14" prop, I did the initial test on a 12x6 Master Airscrew on a 900Kv motor and a 4S Lipo - slightly over powered at 1025W - roughly 200w/Lb and I am not sure the airframe will stand that!!! One good point though no vibration from my home make stand-offs

I think I need a slower Kv motor!!!!