'Fizza' canopy from Vortex Vacforms

Advert

Posted by Douglas Wheelhouse 1 on 31/07/2015 13:37:00:

Hi to all,

Just built a Nigel Hawes Fizza and I am trying to source a canopy, Tried Vortex Vacform but they don't answer, any Ideas please?

Thank you, Douglas

So sorry about the delayed reply to your initial enquiry Douglas, but the necessity of working shifts sometimes means that I can't answer 'Vortex' messages (or calls) quite as quickly as i'd like to.  

Having said that, and after reviewing mt email records, I don't think that I did too bad a job, as your message was sent at approximately 15:40hrs on 30th July 2015 and I replied at approx' 15:30 on 31st July 2015.

For general reference, I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Vortex Vacforms remains an independent supplier of bespoke, replacement and upgrade plastic components for Radio-Control Aero-modellers.

We can be contacted via:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0116 220 7080

As a last resort, we also have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Vortex.Vacforms although due to the aforementioned anti-social hours of working shifts, it isn't a priority at the moment although there ae some nice images of components and customers models to have a look at.

However you choose to contact us, please be assured that all enquiries will and do get a response as soon as is reasonably possible.

Regards,

Steve Davis - Vortex Vacforms

p.s. Douglas, email sent ref. payment & canopy delivery, thank you. smiley

Edited By Vortex Vacforms on 07/08/2015 21:47:17

Hi Colin,

Sorry about the delay in answering mate, I have a canopy winging its way in the mail to me from Steve . What sort of performance did it have?, & what power and prop combination did you use.

Ready for its maiden when the canopy is on. Just started its bigger brother the "Wizza". Did you make one & if so what power train did you use,

Sorry for all the questions, but information is always good,

Cheers, Douglas

Hi Douglas. image.jpgThis is mine. It must be 10 years since I built it from the free plan. I can't remember all of the detail, but I will get it down from the garage loft and have a reminder look, I will let you know. It goes straight out of your hand, has a very wide speed range and no vices. I ought to fly it again.

I fancied doing the Whizza, but never got around to it. However, I've see one or two and they fly very well.

• 11 months later...

Following our recent house move across Leicestershire, some of the contact details provided in an earlier post are now obsolete.

As from July 2016, our contact details are:

Vortex Vacforms
40, Thorndale,
Ibstock,
Leicestershire.
LE67 6JT
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: (01530) 457806.

email: [email protected]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vortex.Vacforms

Kind regards,

Steve Davis - Vortex Vacforms