Rugby Union World Cup 2015

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

I have mulled over writing this for two sleeps, because I don't like disloyalty, or lack of staying power. But I have to say I am an Englishman, a rugby man, and I am fed up with Stuart Lancaster's teams that promice much for the future but fail to deliver because the teams balance changes as more naive young hopefuls are brought in. The odd grumpy, battle scarred, savvy leader is required, not another nice lad. I do not care any more, even if we thrash Australia next Saturday, and with his teams I would not rule it out, I am still fed up.

Rule one of fighting, don't go down. Rule two, put him down. Rule three, he stays down, does not get up. Rule four, refer to rule one. Applies to rugby also. Skill is not a factor. I agree they have dazzling skills. What do you think the result will be Saturday. Have a think, what will they do. Have a second think. I have no clue. If they went into the place where broken sides went, I could live with that, but I suspect they have the makings of a decent side, but Stuart Lancaster either has the misfortune to have a group without leaders, or does not develop hard arsed, cynical, pragmatists to tie the group. And he has been there long enough to wonder, are we that short of leaders?

I, m Welsh, I believe England gave us this win through indiscipline. Surely after a few of the kicks went over the captain should have sorted it out. As it was Biggar was laughing all over his face. Ruby is a running game, kicking goals belong to soccer. I would prefer to see a player sin binned for commiting an offence, and do away with this kicking lark. Lol after all its only a game boys.

Posted by fly boy3 on 28/09/2015 20:59:13:

I, m Welsh, I believe England gave us this win through indiscipline. Surely after a few of the kicks went over the captain should have sorted it out. As it was Biggar was laughing all over his face. Ruby is a running game, kicking goals belong to soccer. I would prefer to see a player sin binned for commiting an offence, and do away with this kicking lark. Lol after all its only a game boys.

Only a game and you a Welshman surprise

Question of leaderships been raised often enough, we fall apart at times even when we're on top, it's hard to watch. I doubt the Welsh lads thought we lacked fight though. What'll happen against Aussies ? we have one hard game left to qualify, the Aussies/Welsh have two...I'll go with we qualify. rose

John

NOt bad for our second string............ though we may still not qualify!!! Tough game Thursday, then it may come down to having to beat Australia; then I'd be worried.

Twas nice that the game lived up to the hype though; could have gone either way; it's what the World Cup is all about.

Speaking from a Welsh perspective, I think the problem is not so much the English team or the management, but the English based Media particularly the Press who always build the team up and hype expectations beyond their ability to deliver. They don't seem realise that they have readers this side of Offa's Dyke and north of the Border, not forgetting Ireland, such is the focus on the English team.

Posted by john stones 1 on 29/09/2015 12:31:44:

It's like a time many years ago ? English based papers ? give it a rest ehsad It's a rugby thread, you've been conspicuous by your absence until England lost and you've had nowt to say about your own teams games ???

Enjoy the rugby eh.

John

Ouch! There was I thinking this was a friendly forum!

Edited By Dai Fledermaus on 29/09/2015 14:44:55

England has an enviably strong squad, and I wonder if this leads Lancaster to overthink the team selection process. Tailoring your team to deal with perceived strengths / weaknesses of the opposition would seem logical but does little for continuity.

Having said that I'll bet Gatland wouldn't mind that sort of problem. Wales norrmally have a core of players who you know will be in the team, that's been blown apart by injuries and with another bruising game coming up I hope the forwards come through unscathed.yes

Ron