Buddy Futaba T8J and Spektrum Dx6i

Martyn K

Advert

Your Taranis can manage this I believe, though I've not done it personally. But as I understand it both Fubby and Specky have a way to go with the development of their programmability before they could do it. Never mind, one day they might catch up - well Spekky might anyway. wink 2

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 09/10/2015 13:42:53

Thanks Both

I currently have it working perfectly on my Taranis (with a DX6i). However my 'trainer' doubles up as a Glider Tug - and I use the same Transmitter for the Glider and the Tug. (I use a telemetry Vario on the Glider so need to keep the Taranis X8 receiver set up..

Perhaps another Taranis may be the way forward..

Martyn

Posted by simon barr on 09/10/2015 13:18:58:

Unless things have changed, you always needed transmitters from the same manufacturer, ie Futaba to Futaba, Spektrum to Spektrum etc...

So I would say no to your question...

Edited By simon barr on 09/10/2015 13:19:24

Not always, I've buddied my Multiplex Royal Pro to my Spektrum Dx6i, what you need though is a Tx which allows free channel selection so you can match the channels, i.e. aileron = channel 1 etc etc The Royal Pro does so i was able to match the Spektrum fixed channel assignments. Hence the Taranis can also buddy with other makes.

Hobbyking do two types of wireless buddy system one 4 channel and the other 7, both are as cheap as chips at around £6 & £10 each and both work the same way and are reported to work well just search buddy on their site and you will find both items.

The 4 channel one is much smaller and probably more useful to a learner.

Paul