Blade CX2

Drew Barker

morning owen. good idea. my problem is i can only practice on tarmac at the moment so i dont think tape will save me. ive managed to get some Align carbons for £11.00 plus p&p. so not much more than woodies. ive been out last 2 days with my cx2 after puting in new motors its much more responsive now and the batteries are lasting longer. but cant wait to try the 400 with its new blades, i found a great set up for the tx on another forum so ive also set it up this way. heres hoping. Kevin

Hi Kevin.

I to fly on smooth concrete factory flores, but find grass and tarmac are deadly it you catch your blades on the ground so much can go wrong so I try to get all my setting up dun on a smooth level surface to get me started and then I can hover nice and square on the less smooth ground.

happy hovering Owen.

Hi Kevin.

Sorry to here the bad news and hope all the bits come nice and kick as there is no time to wast in the flying calendar so keep us up to date on you progress as I have thought of getting a Blade 400 in the future my self.

happy hovering with the CX Owen.

hi Owen more bad news .out this morning cx2 going brilliantly. 400 2 broken servos and broken tail boom seriously  considering the future. i had to make about 20 phone calls to get parts. rossendale models very helpful again and model shop Leeds likewise, it was going really well suddenly tipped forward i wasnt quick enough. got the weekend to decide. ive got a honeybee FP and CP in the shed up for sale this might go the same way, really fed up. at leastmy cx2 is o.k.. Kevin

Hi Kevin.

This sounds like my average day the Cx is all ways there to pick up on and make me feal sane again so just keep on enjoying the heli that is the one that flys well. And may be the rest will get there in the end it is a long road that has meny bends. 

Hi Owen. yeah you right. ive calmed down a bit now been back out with cx2. after ordering servos i found out i can get gears on their own so ill be able to repair the servos and use as spares. renewing the tail boom looks tricky as theres a belt running through it.  not looking forward to that.. larn something new every day. Kevin

Hi Kevin.

I bent a tale boom and this is quite a long job but teaches you a lot as to how it all works, luck was in for me as I fund a steel bar whitch fitted down the tale tub and I got it back to being stait and the dent out of it so are still flying on the ariginal one this is on a Walkera 60b but thes things are just sent to try us and make life a little more intresting, as for servos I have replaced the hole lot with esky ones as I riped of some teeth in two of them I got 4 of the net for £10 including postage from HK so its not all bad.

happy building Owen.    

Hi Owan and Kevin,

I am a Blade CX2 owner myself and I fly it evry weekend I can. I am looking at upgrading to the Blade 400 3d myself in the near future when funds are aviable. Would you say that the Blade 400 is the best upgrade from the CX2?

I argee with you both about flying the CX2 as it alway performs and flies like a dream. Only yesturday I was fling it in the local park at high speed with some high speed turns. I am also looking at upgrading the motors on the CX2 and was just wondering what the best ones are to use? I have seen the Extreme motors on ebay for £25 and I was wondering if these are the best?

I must admit I have bought 92% of my spares for the CX2 on ebay as it gets posted to me within the week whlist at work and then I can repair it ready for the weekend.

Have any of you change the rear tail to a boom on the CX2? I have and found I get less contact with wind.

Hope the repairing going ok.

Si

Just to let you all know. Just added pictures to the gallery for the first time. Will try and get pictures of my Twister Skylift (Chinook) when repaired.

I will also try and get some pictures of it in flight if my girlfriend would get of her skinny ass. Bit hard I think of trying to take photo's whlist flying by yourself.

Si

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/30771/IMG_8206.jpg

hi guys. i think the 400 is a good choice its like jumping off a cliff compared to the cx2. its so much larger and more powerful. i have put about 8 packs through the cx2 today after working out how to fit the batts. from my honeybee to it. that means i have got 5 charged packs to play with. theses packs make the cx2 much more responsive and quicker especially when dropping from about 50 feet ive also taken the training gear off. ill try and post a pic. Kevin

Hi Kevin.

I did buy training gear for mine, however I took it off and learnt without as I thought it aided in crashes. When I bought my carbon boom from the states, it come with a different type of plastic skids which will not break on heavy landings. Funny enough I have had them for six months now and haven't broke them unlike on pair of E-flights skids when I first bought the helicopter.

Si

Hi All.

I have had no luck with training gear so I just take longer learning a new Helli when l think that I have mastered small low level flights I just get higher over the course of a few batteries and this sames to work for me mind you the height of the factory is only 30 ft or so and if I fly out side that is in the Carm winds I do not fly much higher so there is little risk of losing radio contact.

happy hovering Owen. 

Hiya,

I took my Blade out on new years day on a carm day and I must of had it over 100 ft in the air. It must of got caught on a thermal or something because I reduced the power to lose alteruted but it wouldn't come down for a few seconds. You can see the video footage which was taken on that flight on you tube. Just seach for Blade CX2 flight 1 on new years day by carbon tiger. I was very happy how high you can fly this thing.

Si

Hi Kevin.

Just a thought make sore the servo is not working, it may just be the position of the mounting bracket it needs to be so the travel of the servo is that it has equal movement as a starting point and then adjusted till it is stable at full head speed. I have had this problem after a boom refit.

Happy hovering Owen.  

hi again owen. all o.k. now stripped it down again put it ack together and its o.k. dont know what it was. noticed the main shaft slightly bent parts coming today. but due to other commitments i have reluctantly put it up for sale. things have changed so i dont have much choice. if i doesnt sell ill keep it boxed in the hope things change keeping the cx2 though. Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

I bought two new motors on ebay from the link below for £20 including P&P from Canada. They are small from the original motors which come on the Blade and it didn't take long to install. I took it for a test flight yesturday and noticed a massive difference. For one my helicopter is more responsive when applying the power and is more stable when in flight. Also they stay cold and do not heat up as much as the old 180 motors, which means saving weight as you do not need the heat sink. Also it sound different and smoother.

I do highly recommend changing the motors to improve flying. Now I am looking at buying two more pairs to install on to my Twister Skylift.

Take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/blade-CX-CX2-and-lama-V3-V4-NIB-SL71_W0QQitemZ290242064088QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290242064088&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Regards

Si

• 1 month later...

Hi Sean.

This sounds like the fly bar is on wrong, as if you look down on the Helli the fly bar should be trailing away from the leading edge of the blades, this may help but also see if the swash plate is level when all the controls are at rest, hope this is some help if not get back to me.

good luck Owen.