Cracking deal from SMS

Not that I would ever be looking to spend the best part of £400 on a piece of shaped packaging material but I'm impressed Sussex models are giving away 6 lipo's with this one.

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=53259

Edited By Justin K. on 27/10/2015 16:35:18

Edited By Justin K. on 27/10/2015 16:36:35

Edited By Justin K. on 27/10/2015 16:42:05

Advert

Well I read it that you will get 7 free batteries??

We have 7 x 6S 22.2v 5000mAh Lipos (RRP £199.99) that will be included Free with the first 7 orders for this model

why else give a total rrp for the free gift?

Posted by Justin K. on 27/10/2015 17:43:57:

A 6s lipo is £199 rrp?

Yep E Flite 5000mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo - EC5 connector (Replaces EFLB50006S30)

I got one of the T28's from SMC before they had the free LiPo offer but I am still well pleased. You may scoff at the 'packaging material' but it is a fantastic model which flies superbly & I'd defy anyone to tell it's foam from more than 20 feet. Everyone who has seen mine fly is well impressed.

When you weigh up the cost of the components (E-Flite 60 motor + 70 amp ESC, 7 digital metal geared servos, electric retracts, Spektrum 636 Rx) you are getting a 2 meter scale airframe for next to nothing.

Just had a quick check at the UK HK depot. 6S 6000 mAH 25 to 50C - £52.76. If you're happy with a 5000mAH 20C (ie 100 amp!) you can get one for under £30. I think SMS quoting £199 for one is pushing it a bit, though I suspect that's E Flite's price.

The model looks very good and is a decent size but I don't think I'm in the market for a £400 foamie. OTOH after the struggles I'm having correcting errors on the DB Tiger Moth I was given almost complete perhaps I might

Geoff

Posted by Justin K. on 27/10/2015 22:17:04:

"you are getting a 2 meter scale airframe for next to nothing"

Probably around one pound fifty being its original net worth then even with a battery it's a lot of money for some polystyrene .

Well you could make the same argument that a balsa/ply ARTF is a lot of money for a few bits of wood. You're paying for an awful lot of tooling and design/testing time. A guy at work used to scoff at the price of the bit of plastic covered foam I wore on my head for my 13 mile each way cycle commute but it worked as I found out unfortunately (or fortunately as I'm still here ).

Foam models certainly fly well, which is the ultimate test. I have lots of artime with mine which doesn't stop me cutting and glueling wood to build models as I'm doing right now.

Geoff