RM Trainer Mk3

Advert

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your kind comments, is been lovely and sunny all day here in Lincolnshire. smiley

John, it seems such a shame to cover over all of the hard work and effort that went into this. I'm leaning towards Translucent Purple for my Ballerina, long way to go yet tho, I've promised myself that this must be finished before I start on it...

Regards

Mark

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comments, as far as I'm aware, it's plan only from My Hobby Store, although you can buy the wing (I'm assuming ready built foam with veneer) have a search on here and MHS for the Chapter One, very similar and I'm sure MHS are doing CNC wood packs for it.

Cheers

Mark

The RM Trainer was just a plan from Radio Modeller magazine in 1984. At one time they did sell a foam wing but I dont think laser cut parts have ever been available.. Plan can be bought from MyHobbyStores or downloaded free from Outerzone.

Designer was David Boddington and this model is very similar in construction to his slightly larger Tyro Major which is available as plan and laser cut wing ribs from DB Sport & Scale. Wing ribs are really excellent and quite cheap.

DB also do a full kit of a slightly larger trainer called Mascot at 59 inches. All Boddington trainers seem fairly similar in design - just the size varies.

You could also consider the Sky 40 kit from SLEC

Edited By kc on 19/01/2016 11:17:32

Thanks Mark and Kc

I think that covers everything I need to know. I think in that case the Mascot seems like just what I am looking for.

What I liked about the RM trainer that you can see clearly from Marks build is that it looks like a solid and tough construction that would take some punishment. I was considering an E pioneer artf but seeing photos of its construction it looks a bit feeble in comparison to trad style trainers.