Pete Nicholson Spitfire, Balsacraft kit.

Advert

• 2 years later...
Hi Guys,
I should probably post this on the classifieds but as yet I need convincing to let it go, but I have a Balsacraft Spitfire Kit in as new condition which I will be willing to let go for the right price.
It's been on my to do list since I bought it back in 2001 but just never got round to it. It was purchased at Sandown and has been opened twice to gaze at all the lovely bits. It's time for it go to someone who will do it justice and get it in the air. I thought I'd let the good folk on modelflying know about it before putting it on fleebay.

Cheers
Fraser

• 5 months later...
Hello Fraser,
I just read your Spit kit post. I am interested in but I would prefer to know if this offer is always good and if your right price is also right for me. Can you answer these points ?
Regards,
Hubert

Posted by Kelvin on 21/06/2008 12:16:00:

Hi all

The Spitfire is now manufactured by Ripmax in ARTF form

I am looking for plans and/ or kit of the original balsacraft Spitfire by Pete Nicholson.

Many thanks

Kelvin

I know this is an old post but, for the umpteenth time, the Ripmax Spitfire is not the same model as the Balsacraft Spitfire. They have a totally different structure. I've had both models and they are not the same.

They might be approximately the same sort of shape - namely sort of Spitfire shaped (there's a novelty) but they are most definitely not the same model.

Just as an example, the wing on the Ripmax Spitfire is an open structure, with a partial D-Box leading edge, covered in pre-printed film, whilst the wing on the Balsacraft Spitfire is a totally sheeted structure.