Balsa USA 1/3 Scale Pup plans

bert baker

Hi Bert,

Instead of trying to get the plans, It will be enough to simply know the length of the struts from bolt hole to bolt hole. Loads of people have these BUSA models.

Once you have the measurement -the design is easy enough to find

I will ask around the guys in Dawn Patrol for you, but perhaps its worth trying a posting with a more suitable title - Maybe "has anyone got a BUSA 1/3rd scale pup?"

Jez

So having studied the build notes pictures and plans and taking the info I have received I finally got to do some cutting and gluing.

I followed the build notes and set the wings and fuz on the table and,

I presumed the cabine struts were cut to size, because they had been cut at angles and pencil marked with there position they were.

Wrong,

Using the measuments Jez had supplied I fitted the top wing and it became clear the top centre wing section was to high. as the top wing had anheaadereal

So a quick read of the build notes was done and I found a set of measurements for the cabaine strut lengths, I removed all the bits and found the cabaine struts were way out.

So double and treble check was done, and finally cut them to size and shape.

I refitted the top Centre section and after a few small adjustments i was finally happy to glue them in place.

Next job is to repair and sort out the wings.

Bert

pc200171.jpgHmm Food Retail Me too all my life in the vehicle maintenance units, s/way, t/co,m/son, w/rose.

I know exactly what you are going through,quadruple sales, means busy busy busy.

Any way that's enough of that.

Many thanks for the pics, big enough so I can print them.

I have had to remake all the brackets as the the previous chap must have missed the bit on the plan that said not to scale, unfortunately he made them to the actual size on the plan.

Slowly making sense of it all

Bit by bit slowly getting there, have wasted loads of time reinforcing bad joints, not sure what glue was used by the first chap, but it is brittle, does make it easy to remove parts as one good wack with a lump of wood soon removes the offending item.

I am Having fun and that is all that matters, I do have another 1/3 scale Pup to finish, but that's another story.

Cool well done. Many thanks,

Looks like my hunch may be right about the bit of wood with a slot in it.

Looks like it is saddle clamped to the axle.,,,, strange thing is in the build guide it say's to allow the axle to rotate,as well as allowing the wheels to free wheel on the axle,,,, so with that in mind I have silver soldered the brass tube to the wire frames.

Any way Many thanks, I hope to be back on it tonight,

Cheers

Bert

pc260184.jpgGoing to postpone anymore undercart work,

Moving on,,, the build book although lacks many words, does if you read it properly give a good step by step guide.

It is worth reading it a few times and look at the plans to reference bits and bobs.

I miss read the top center section when it came to setting up the dihedral for the top wing.

Placing the top section on the build board and setting the dihedral up was much essayer than trying to do it with it resting on the cabaine struts.

• 2 weeks later...