Taranis - Inactivity Alarm

Dave Bran

I have resisted up to now using my Taranis as a Simulator controller, but a couple of recent Race Quad progs really need more than a simple USB Tx.

When the Taranis has been on and set to the right "model", and connected to USB, the Tx power can be turned off, it being fed from USB. I have already programmed the Tx so there is no RF from internal or external.

It's annoying me that the Inactivity alarm is still active even when the Tx is not self powered. What I'd like to do is to inactivate it for the models that do not need it, not globally, just those run from USB.

Anyone done this? Is it even possible, and if so how? (I looked quickly and could not even find where the IA control is!!! DOH!)

Advert

Yes, thanks, Cymaz, trouble is, all the Taranis posts on RCG are full of rubbish posts with little gems buried so deep you'd be very very lucky to find them, esp given RCG's none too clever search facility.

The main Taranis thread is well over 3000 posts long, I'm an old man, I don't have that long left!!

Just wondered if anyone knew. For now I have turned the Inactivity Alarm up to 40 mins trigger.

Every Monday recently I have done an Indoor where the Spektrum owning gang tend to forget to turn them off and go and chat, sometimes three of the damn things are left rabbiting on and on at once...............

Posted by Masher on 24/12/2015 08:46:27:

I suppose you could simply turn the volume down when on the Simulator? I have volume control programmed on to the LH knob so that I can "shut her up" if the anti-Taranis squad start moaning at the strip

That's probably the easiest solution. My sound is set up so that one of the knobs is a volume control but if I'm flying my glider with an altimeter I wear earphones to stop bothering other flyers.

I use one of my Taranis transmitters with Phoenix flight simulator but always leave it turned. I haven't tried switching the power off. The only time I'm bothered with the inactivity alarm is when I'm setting a model up in the workshop and fiddling with pushrods etc. When I'm on the simulator there's usually enough activity to keep the lady quiet

I'm almost sure the inactivity setting is global and can't be set differently for a particular model.

Geoff