Would You Take a Model on Holiday?

Flanker .

A question. I have a nice apartment that I  rent  to  summer visitors out here in Spain. There is also a nice field a short Jeep ride away. Summer is rubbish for flying out here (unless you like to get up early) but winter is great! I have thought about advertising the apartment as a winter flying haven for sun starved British modellers, BUT I don't feel like sharing MY fleet. Should I build a couple of "Tourist Hacks"  ? Or would folks prefer their own plane ? An interesting question that I can't answer myself. So over to you guys. Our kind editor sez this reader survey is ok so let me know. Would you prefer your own travel tackle ? Do you have Travel Tackle ? Or would it be a buzz flying a bit of strange wing ? If so what sort ?Let me know, I am interested.

Go well  F 

Advert

My feeling would be to fly models that I find over in Spain. Holidays should be relaxing and hassle free so I wouldn't want to have the bother of packing my models to take with me.

I'd get a few hacks as you say Flanker - perhaps a trainer, low winger, few leccy models etc..You could take flyers up on a buddy lead first to check 'em out. Depends how much trade you're expecting as to how formal you want to take it. Someone someday will damage or write off a model so thought needs to be put towards how you'll replace airframes. 

Apart from the ever decreasing baggage allowance these days, it might be difficult getting all you need for a flying holiday through airport security. Obviously fuel would be out but what about LoPo's? Has anyone managed to get a pack through, given their reputation?

Its clear to me that should an airline recognise a LiPo they wouldn't let it on a plane!

I go diving for my holidays so I fully aware of just how fussy airport security is.  I've been called from many a departure lounge to explain that tanks are empty and that regulators are not grenades.

Hanger Rash seems to be a major contribution to model maintenance --- Travel Rash could be far worse, unless you have some serious flight cases.

Regards

Andy 

Eric. I did not mention Frequency because we are 35 meg same as UK out here.

I don't know that the "trade" would pay for the necessary models, and I'm a church mouse, I'm just interested in what folk might want/do and when I read of people waiting weeks for a fine day it breaks my heart, esp in January when the flying weather here is predictably perfect, seems a shame to waste it. Mind you, I don't!!!

Re Li Pos, the air lines know all about 'em, every mobile phone in the world is full of the little blighters and they must have done tests, I know I have, and I have had NO luck trying to blow them up, all they do is swell up like toads and die, and I've Ill treated them in every way I can think of including sustained mains voltage and sulfuric acid, once at the same time, even micro waving them in a bowl of iron filings failed to start a fire! ..... But I digress. Go well, F

" Re Li Pos, the air lines know all about 'em, every mobile phone in the world is full of the little blighters and they must have done tests,"

You appear to be crediting them with rational thought and common sense, which might be a bit generous!

" I've Ill treated them in every way I can think of including sustained mains voltage and sulfuric acid, once at the same time, even micro waving them in a bowl of iron filings failed to start a fire!"

A man after my own heart! Don't Try This At Home Kids!