Ripmax Spitfire

Advert

Hi Bruce,

I used an MVVS 3.5/1200 motor in my Ripmax Spit.  It drops straight in with no mods needed and performance has been superb.  I use a 10 X 7 prop and measured a peak current draw of 34A, equating to around 350W.  I normally use a 3s 3200 mAh LiPo and generally get flight times around 10 minutes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tim.

Bruce, I've run it up tonight and these are the figure

Loong-Max 2250 3S Lipo 20/25C

11x7E APC prop

12.51v (at startup) / 30 amps (full throttle) / 300w (full throttle)

Trashed garage - paper everywhere, anything lightweight blown to the far corners!

I'd go up again if I could, but whilst I have watts of power remaining, I've almost reached the ceiling on the current draw (max 33amps).

• 2 months later...

Hi and many thanks for your replys, I phoned Ripmax customer services and asked them to send me the istructions, who said "take it back to the shop they may have taken the instructions out" I did point out that it was some time ago it was purchased.

They told me "we will have to seek advice and ring you back". 1 week later and nothing.

Some customer service

• 6 months later...
right I finally ordered a rippers Spit and it arrived today! just fitted in the hyperion Z-3025/8 , notice the battery bay is a lot tighter than I thought and can only get 2170 -2500 mah 3s (that I already  have)  in there and worried flight times may be a little limited ? What are you guys using ?

I use 2x2100 3s Maxpoly in parallel - end to end - 4200 total.  My Spit's a few years old now, but from memory I think there was a small mod to the battery bay to make them fit.  I think there was a cross member at the front that had to be moved forward.
Motor is an Axi 2826/10 with a 14x7 prop and a Jeti 40A ESC pulling 42A static.  It goes like stink and I get well over 10 mins of mostly full throttle.  I think a 2170 would be a bit limited if you're pulling high 30s amps.
One thing - the ply motor mounting plate pulled out in flight.  I've heard this happens to others too.  You might consider reinforcing it with an epoxy fillet at the joints.  Oh, also the elevator joiner broke a couple of years ago during a full power dive.  It made a loud vibrating noise, not surprisingly.  It's now reinforced with piano wire and has been fine since.
I've got one of the new kits too (as a spare) unbuilt.  The build quality of the new ones seems to be much better than on my old one.
Ed