keyfob camera

Advert

I would not go the cheapo route! I have a fine collection of non working cheapo key fob cameras most of which didn't survive the second charge.

I suggest you take a look here **LINK** It has all the information you could possibly need and then some. I've found the products from the suppliers mentioned to be very reliable.

I've had a couple of the ordinary keyfob cameras - not the higher definition #26, and I think if I was looking for a #26 I'd be inclined to pay a little bit more for a Mobius camera.

The downfall of my keyfob cameras has been reliability and the poor user-interface. Mine have randomly cut-out in mid-recording after anything between a few seconds and several minutes. And with two anonymous buttons, various combinations of which start/stop it and change settings, I probably only ever record about half the things I thought I had! From what I've seen, the Mobius is somewhat easier to use.

I have a collection of Keyfob Cams, and since getting two Mobius, one wide angle, I have not been anywhere near the them.

Small point, whereas on the Keyfobs the wide angle was probably more useful, particularly if on head mounting, with the Mobius its the other way around, its the std lens version that sees the most use.

oldgit

Whilst the key fob 808 is not the best thing since sliced bread mine has proved remarkably reliable. Yes I am on my third but the other two are lost - one with a plane, the other in long grass somewhere!

My biggest grumble is they have rather variable picture and sound quality. The best was my first, a No3. It seemed to handle a wide range of contrast and the mic picked up everything!

And don't leave them on charge for extended periods (more than 30 minutes?). Despite what the instructions say the internal charging circuit is not accurate enough to protect the LiPo from being over charged.

Just buy them for less than a £5! (best at the moment is £3.22 post free from China!)

I have both the key fob types and a Mobius, the Mobius is by far the better item. With regard to losing them, I have fitted mine with security cables, made from control line wire with a electrical eye crimp fittest at end which goes under the wing fixing bolt so if mounting fails in a heavy landing or indeed in flight the camera is restrained.