Lipo's Internal Resistance ?

Yes - can't argue with those figures Dick. Thanks for clearing the mist in my addled mind and Gonzo's comments make perfect sense now! It seemed logical that Phil would be correct with his background but I just couldn't rationalise it from the "classic" description of 4w Kelvin measurement.

Edited By Martin Harris on 09/03/2016 20:35:25

• 9 months later...
Advert

Ref the Wayne Giles ESR meter, I have recently purchased one of his last ever batch. It is an excellent product. Wayne has now passed the future manufacture over to an enthusiast in the USA, but he has completed the builds of his last 20 or so circuit boards remaining at home before hanging up his soldering iron. Once these are sold, the only source will be from USA, or a currently inferior copy product from HK.

Price is £50 plus postage. If you are interested, I can pass your details (email contact please) on to Wayne, or you can find him through the previously linked RCGroups thread.

I am using one of the low cost HK meters. Coincidentally I have used it today, to provide some understanding of the condition of a Lipo. all the internal resistance readings were identical, which indicates to me that the cells are pretty much the same, as are the voltages when fully charged. The resistance do indicate from current experience that the Lipo is in the mid period of its life, although not yet useless.