Why can't I "enter" to a new line?

Depron Daz

Mods,

Can you help? When I'm typing a line and want to create a new paragraph, I press ENTER but it takes the cursor back to the beginning of my text, as in this case before the capital M

I then have to press the down key repeatedly to get to a new paragraph. It doesn't do it on any other site I use or Word document, so is it my computer or something's up with this site?

Hope you can help because it's frustrating!

Dippy Daz

Advert

According to the techies, this seems to be a 'tail-chasing' issue. The forum text editor and iPads don't seem to work together very well and each time an update is made to solve one issue, another is often created. Testing every combo of device and browser each time there is an iPad or text editor change isn't realistic, I'm sure you'd appreciate.

If there has been a recent iPad update which may have created a new problem, they are unaware of it. There are always improvements and changes in the pipeline, so I think the best we can hope for is that, for most of us, it 'works' most of the time....

Sorry I can't be more positive!

Pete

I've got MS Edge on my Win 10 PC - opened it once out of curiosity and it was so clunkily similar to IE that I stuck with Firefox....

I would suggest you try Firefox as a browser - I bet you £1 you won't have the cursor problem... or many others!wink 2

Pete

ps If you do decide to give it a go, download it from the pukka Mozilla site and not from a download site.

I haven't touched Edge since I upgraded to Windows 10 last July or August. But in the interests of science, I've blown the dust of it and am remembering why I was so underwhelmed by it all those months ago...

And yes, hitting Enter returns the cursor to the top of the screen. sad

Good grief, how poor is that? I'm not sure which is more to blame, Microsoft or the forum software. I'd be inclined to split it 50:50!

Right, that's the last time I'll use Edge for another year or two. Back to Chrome for me!