Mighty Barnstormer

ballerina & barnstormer 009.jpgballerina & barnstormer 007.jpgThis is my modified Mighty Barnstormer. It was built from Boddo's drawings, with some improvements, the wing centre section being fixed and the wings being fitted by means of two steel rods each side, the aileron wire connection being made via. MPX plugs and sockets, so the wings are just slid on without messing around with loose wires & plugs. With this method struts are required to take the wing loading, which make the model appear more scale-like. The maiden flight took place today, and the model flies perfectly, including looping and rolling nicely. The wings are held together tightly by means of a strong rubber band underneath, pulling on a couple of protruding screws (not visible in flight)ballerina & barnstormer 010.jpg

Advert

You are right, "Percy" it is Cark, where a few of us fly regularly. We don't fly there at weekends because of the parachutists and are on good terms with them. (I know they had issues with a certain club who interfered with their activities one weekend and were told, I believe, they are not welcome there.....)

Best Regards - K.

Getting back to Kevin's magnificent model. It looks much nicer without the dummy engine cover seen on many other Barnstormers. And the struts really make it look like a scale job.

It's worth saying that the plan for the Mighty Barnstormer is online here   together with the original RC Modeler article.

but anyone wanting to build one might prefer to buy the plan and laser cut ribs etc from DB Sport & Scale

Edited By kc on 12/03/2016 18:45:00