He's at it again.....

Paul Jefferies

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NEW-BABCOCK-BCT-18-DIGITRAN-TRANSMITTER-NIB-NEW-FOR-RC-MODEL-AIRPLANE-/282005762797?hash=item41a8da72ed:g:COgAAOSw5L9XEMIQ

Before buying or bidding on anything don't forget to check the seller's feedback. This guy has a big fat zero........ I have seen this one before but no doubt there are others........

Paul

Fraudsters are quick to exploit any weakness in us such as a bargain. We have it instilled in us already that if it looks too cheap, then it is suspicious. Looking at the setup of this account and placement of the auction, it cost the fraudster absolutely nothing

They even fake £6 orange receivers and £1 Duracell batteries. Just stick to your trusted sellers

There is a post on the unofficial BMFA Facebook page at the moment where someone has found a Futaba Tx on Ebay for £35 brand new, and has bought one KNOWING that it is likely to be a scam stating that he's safe because he'll just claim his money back through Paypal. When someone of reason states that this behaviour only feeds the fraudsters and raises Paypal fees, he got quite ratty about it. Unfortunately at the time I had read the post, there were more people agreeing to his behaviour than those who clearly had much more common sense, rather sad state of affairs isn't it.

Sorry but why would you knowingly buy something you know is not going to come, or IF, and that's a massive if, it did and it failed to work, guess where he'd be moaning that it doesn't. Or would he attempt to take it to a Futaba repairer asking for a repair under warranty knowing it to likely be a fake unit? We'll see what happens on that one.

Posted by Depron Daz on 16/04/2016 12:32:02:

There is a post on the unofficial BMFA Facebook page at the moment where someone has found a Futaba Tx on Ebay for £35 brand new, and has bought one KNOWING that it is likely to be a scam stating that he's safe because he'll just claim his money back through Paypal. When someone of reason states that this behaviour only feeds the fraudsters and raises Paypal fees, he got quite ratty about it. Unfortunately at the time I had read the post, there were more people agreeing to his behaviour than those who clearly had much more common sense, rather sad state of affairs isn't it.

I haven't read the entire contents of Paypal's terms and conditions, and I know that Paypal more often than not decides in favour of the buyer when things go pear-shaped, BUT...

I suspect that Paypal might not refund the buyer when goods don't arrive, if the buyer has gone ahead with the transaction believing that the sale might be fraudulent. And posting publicly about that might not have been such a smart move on the part of the buyer!

Posted by Paul Jefferies on 16/04/2016 09:06:25:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NEW-BABCOCK-BCT-18-DIGITRAN-TRANSMITTER-NIB-NEW-FOR-RC-MODEL-AIRPLANE-/282005762797?hash=item41a8da72ed:g:COgAAOSw5L9XEMIQ

Before buying or bidding on anything don't forget to check the seller's feedback. This guy has a big fat zero........ I have seen this one before but no doubt there are others........

Paul

I've just copied and pasted the link. There were no results so hopefully it's been removed