Carbon fibre tail wheel assembly - source?

Rich too

Advert

Posted by cymaz on 24/04/2016 19:39:50:

Oh ! here you go.......don't look at the price

Edited By cymaz on 24/04/2016 19:42:38

Thanks - and even those are out of stock!! Why are some items difficult to get in UK stores? dont know

I will probably go for the one in the link Tony provided.. yes

Thanks

Hi Rich, I bought a starter kit from 'carbonmods' you'll easily find them on the WWW; the kit cost a bit over £30

I made an undercart for a lysander, and had enough left for all sorts of wee bits. Here you are

the mould is lying below the fuz, Its a very simple affair made from thin ply. A good finish helps. I used the release agent supplied, gave one coat of resin to get a good finish. then layered up the carbon, allowing the resin to dry between layers. Maybe 5 layers. I'm still using left over bits for servo trays etc.

ernie

please ask if I can help more

Posted by Engine Doctor on 25/04/2016 09:14:07:

Falcon aviation used to do composite tail wheel assemblies. I have a glass fiber one fitted to one of their Eurobats . It's light and springy and absorbs landing shocks well . Not sure if they do carbon but worth a call.

PS nice work Ernie.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 25/04/2016 09:16:56

None on the website - thanks

Posted by Ernie on 25/04/2016 09:00:18:

Hi Rich, I bought a starter kit from 'carbonmods' you'll easily find them on the WWW; the kit cost a bit over £30

I made an undercart for a lysander, and had enough left for all sorts of wee bits. Here you are

the mould is lying below the fuz, Its a very simple affair made from thin ply. A good finish helps. I used the release agent supplied, gave one coat of resin to get a good finish. then layered up the carbon, allowing the resin to dry between layers. Maybe 5 layers. I'm still using left over bits for servo trays etc.

ernie

please ask if I can help more

Thanks Ernie, that is very impressive, your skills are greater than mine! That is too much work for a lazy sod like me!

I have ordered one from the link that Tony provided.

Thanks to all.