A mate bult a lovely bipe finished all over in a lovely shade of blue.An o/d but reminiscent of something but can't recall what now. First test glide turned in to the right so Col adjusted the elevators. Launched again and worse. "Col twist the thing the other way " "Yes will do .I get it now " Next launch with a bit more brio . Confident all was now OK .Up in the air then vicious turn in to the right again and spin in and crunch . Top wing adrift. I checked the tailplane and it was twisted THE WRONG WAY He had been adjusting it standing it on it's nose and confused himself DOH!!!! We had no glue when we looked in the flight box so home in separate directions. ?Next week Col turned up with plane all fixed and shiny .White lettering gleaming. Now talking of lettering. Hiding discreetely under the tailplane in tiny letters were these words ." this half up --- this half down " I chuckled when i saw it .Well he said" I can't remember me own name half the time but that I won't forget will I ? " Result perfect maiden. Now I'm in my 70 s should I do the same.?devil

Advert

I was replacing a burned out ESC recently and had the new one beside the model ready to fit. I took out the failed ESC and thought I’d cut the connectors off before throwing it in the bin. Yes, I cut the connectors off the new one instead. Now have to do a soldering and sleeving job.

Edited By buster prop on 10/11/2017 14:10:04

Posted by buster prop on 10/11/2017 14:09:03:

I was replacing a burned out ESC recently and had the new one beside the model ready to fit. I took out the failed ESC and thought I’d cut the connectors off before throwing it in the bin. Yes, I cut the connectors off the new one instead. Now have to do a soldering and sleeving job.

Edited By buster prop on 10/11/2017 14:10:04

I've done that. You feel terrible when you discover you can't do quite as nice a job as the ladies in China.

Edited By Don Fry on 10/11/2017 19:04:21