Some new Seagull ARTF kits.

Looks like seagull have been busy with some new kits. They too seem to be following the trend of larger airframes , that's a shame as I would have been putting the Stearman and the Hurricane on my shopping list, I cant store or transport 30 cc size stuff unfortunately.

img_5091.jpg

img_5089.jpg

img_5090.jpg

img_5088.jpg

Advert

I slightly regret that the trend seems to be towards bigger (and hence more expensive) airframes. I have a GP Super Stearman with a 30cc Mackay petrol engine which I fly only rarely because of the hassle of transporting such a big model. I have a small hatchback which limits the space for models and if I take a big model I have to adjust the front passenger seat to get it in. I find 1.5 metre wingspan is a size big enough to see (important at my age ) and still small enough to get 2 or 3 in the car but they seem to be getting rarer.

I've been unable to see the specs and prices of these 3 attractive offerings despite Google but I guess the Stearmans are about 1.8 metres which makes a big biplane. As Percy says, a few kits would be welcome, too.

Geoff

They have done a 50cc Stuka. It will be interesting to see if it suffers the same elevator response problems that the smaller Black Horse model had with full flaps deployed.

To big for me but it does look very nice, well detailed too.

stoo.jpg

It's all off the Seagul Facebook feed Geoff , it's interesting as they don't seem shy in showing what's in the pipeline.

They sometimes show video of the test flights, these take place from a public road in Vietnam! Most entertaining I can assure you.

I will attempt to keep the thread going as they add more for the benefit of those who don't use it.

Posted by Thomas Barwick on 31/05/2016 12:56:57:

they were the weights of the prototypes as asked seagull for the specs as interessted myself, so unless they have changed anything for the production model thats what it will be looking at

Well 4.5kg is fine for a model of this size, but I agree 5.5kg might be a bit porky - that's in H9 20cc Corsair territory, and I know a few people had some issues with the slow speed handling of those. Will have to wait and see if it makes it to the UK; I know we don't tend to get the full Seagull range via the UK distributor.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...