Scale drawings for Avro Avian 625 Monoplane?

Hi all,

I am trying to track down a scale drawing of the Avro 625 Avian Monoplane. I believe that M.A.P. Ltd. once supplied a 1/24 scale drawing with number 3068, and it may have been drawn by Dennis Bryant. But I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know of a current source for this drawing? Or does anyone have a copy they can scan for me?

Thanks,

James.

Advert

RC Scale Aircraft Quarterly 1985 Autumn issue carried the Dennis Bryant drawing in reduced size ( 41.5 percent reduced so fits on less than an A4 page ) The issue also had a free plan for a 44 inch model by Clive Smalley. Smalley did some very accurate drawings for other planes so this could also be a very accurate plan. He said he changed the wing section and simplified the aileron hinging.   Note its called Avro 635 Avian in the heading to the Smalley article but 625 on the Bryant drawing in the same mag........

There is no plan number on the plan but one way to find 'free ' plans on MyHobbyStores is to search " Mag " and add a number until you get to the right one! ( guess the number first by refernce to others of the same date ) Tedious but usually finds thes pullout plans eventually..

Edited By kc on 03/06/2016 11:29:15

On a similar theme I want plans /drawings / blueprints whatever for the Blackburn B2 .A Tiggie lookalike almost. It had ali skinned fuse and side by side seating I got some nits and pieces from the Shuttleworth collection and York museum but would prefer plans I can blow up or work directly from .Anything appreciated .Thanks peeps

John

That's the biplane kevin.

James, I've got the 44" Smalley RCSAQ plan - if you want it I'll post it to you.

There was also an Aeromodeller plan of the Monoplane by Bill Dennis (iirc / might have the plan for that too somewhere) AND SAMS Models has a plan for the round engine version, also by B.Dennis.

Might be worth giving SAMS a call.

Posted by onetenor on 03/06/2016 12:57:32:

On a similar theme I want plans /drawings / blueprints whatever for the Blackburn B2 .A Tiggie lookalike almost. It had ali skinned fuse and side by side seating I got some nits and pieces from the Shuttleworth collection and York museum but would prefer plans I can blow up or work directly from .Anything appreciated .Thanks peeps

John

**LINK**

yes

Hi guys, thanks for all of your replies. I am not so concerned about the model plans so much, as I'm pretty sure the 1/8 scale Smalley plan will be fine. It is the 3-view drawing that I am after. The one from M.A.P. (drawing 3068) is the only one I know of, but have yet to see it.

kc is on the money with the Radio Control Scale Scale Aircraft Quarterly 1985 Autumn issue. That would be nice to find. Do you know if that article has the 3-view within it, or is it elsewhere in the mag? I actually just missed out on a copy of that very article on eBay. Bugger! I should have clicked Buy Now, rather than add it to my watch list. Damn it! I also missed out on the Smalley plans!

kevin, yes that is the Avian biplane on HPA. I am after the Avro 625 Avian monoplane. But thanks anyway.

D. Woodward, yes please, I'd love Smalley plan from you. I'll send you a PM for more details.

If anyone has a copy of the Smalley article, I'd love to get a scan from you.

Cheers,

James.

Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 03/06/2016 15:20:17:

James

I bought the Avian article and plan from ebay this morning to replace a long-lost but cherished magazine.

I'll happily scan the article for you when it arrives. PM me your email address and I'll get onto it.

Alan

Ha ha, small world Alan. I should have been quicker on the Buy It Now button! That would be great, mate. I'd love to know if the article has the Dennis Bryant 3-view I am after. Fantastic, thanks mate.

James.

kc, I found your post below in another thread, you actually have the RC Scale Aircraft Quarterly 1985 Autumn issue with Clive Smalley article and plans?

Posted by kc on 29/10/2013 15:20:27:
I have the magazine in my collection....Tony send me a PM

Yes I bought both of the items you mentioned.

I am expecting two plans and one article, but the listing for the article didn't show the plan in the picture, so I wanted to be sure and bought a plan.

Are you in Australia then James as your ebay links are ebay.com.au?

Yes, I have the RC Scale Aircraft magazine in my collection. There are 2 articles on the Avian. First is the Clive Smalley article and free plan for a 44 inch model. Second is the Dennis Bryant article on the full size Avian and also a small ( A4 ) size 41 percent version of the three view which has the plan No 3068 which was drawn at 1/24th. As reproduced in the magazine it has just over 6 inch span but it's a very good sharp reproduction.

Note that the Aeromodeller mentioned previously is also said to have a 3 view - probably the same one. And you could buy that for 4 pounds here.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address if if you need a scanned copy of the 3 view and Bryant article. Or the Smalley article.

There is  a Radio Modeller - Jan 87 - with the Avian photos and it shows two completely different colour green in the photos of 2 models! Also there is an article about Avian Biplane models somewhere in an old RCME if memory serves.

Edited By kc on 03/06/2016 19:27:10

Edited By kc on 03/06/2016 19:41:31

Hi all,

Well, it looks like I managed to find a copy of the Autumn 1985 issue of Radio Control Scale Aircraft magazine on Gumtree. It is currently on it's way in the post. The person I bought it from says it still has the original Smalley plan inside! Woohoo!

Thanks again to everyone for all of your help. This is why I love online forums!

Cheers,

James.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just reporting back. I finally received the old mags I found on Gumtree, and indeed there was a copy of the Autumn 1985 issue of RC Scale Aircraft magazine, and the original Clive Smalley plans were still in tact! There is also the article by Dennis Bryant with a copy of his 3-view. Thanks to everyone that has helped with this, it is very much appreciated.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get a copy of the original Dennis Bryant 3-view die-line print in 1/24 scale? It was originally available from MAP Plans Service with number 3068, but I can seem to find a current source. Unfortunately MyHobbyStore.co.uk are no use. They supposedly have all of the MAP plans, and they even have the Dennis Bryant plans 3066 & 3067, but not 3068 !! Very frustrating indeed. I am sure someone out there must have a copy?

Thanks again.

James.