The Hobbit autogyro

Jesus Ortega Delgado

Hi my friends .

I am a modeller autogyros in Spain . I have a few vintage and new models autogyros . A lot of years agó , I bought in Nichols model shop a Avro Rota C30 from Thames Valley Models. Now I would like to built The Hobbit model , The mechanics parts are very close but I am looking for the Hobbit plans . I have a few videos about my models on YouTube by ¨ Sherpacopter ¨ .

If anyone could help me I will be very gratefully . I will pay all the costs.

Thanks a lot.

[email protected]

Jesus,

The TVM Hobbit came without a plan and came with pre cut parts as per most kits of the day, A4 sheets were supplied with the instructions on how to construct.

Somewhere I have a set of these instructions and I am almost sure I re drew the Hobbit but I would have to look on my old computer.

Here is the TVM Hobbit promotional video I uploaded, I am guessing it would have been made around the early 1980's but I am sure someone could confirm this from the radio/engines being used on the video?

Give me a few days and I will see what I can find.

Rich

Thanks Harry .

Yes , I know that video . I bought my C 30 in 1985 . I saw the Hobbit in the Henry Nichols shop side by side with my C30 kit. I have the C30 instructions and plan . I re drew some parts in the plans thinking in a future crash. Today I have that model in flight ¡¡¡¡ I have too a Micromold Wallis complete and a Robin from Kalt ( vintage models). If you need information about these models let me know.

I will be happy if you can find the re drew plans for me. I have the mechanics parts , I only need the fuse sections , ruder stabilizer .. The flight instructions are the same .

Regards , Jesus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Ken.

Next month I will start with the step-by-step flying test . I have been flying autogyros from 1984 .

The first was an Avro C-30 from Tames Valley models that it is still in flight ¡¡¡ , very good model .

The autogyros are very fussy , they are differents .

For instance , I have an ROBIN rc autogyro from Kalt that never managed put in flight .

Regards , Jesus

• 1 month later...

Merci beaucoup . Thanks a lot .

, Congratulations , you have a lot information about gyros. I have a small collection gyros at home. I have a Whopper , new in box . I flew this gyro many years ago with the first blades ( next , Schluter sold a new design blades). Very fast , and very difficult to flight due to weight . A Webra Speed .61 with an special mufller was the minimun thrust requested to put in flight .