Help!

Roy Hill 3

I need the help from the massed ranks of the bloggers! I have a 20cc Evolution GX2, equipped with the appropriate electronic ignition unit, in a Chipmunk. It is well run-in and has given great service since last year. Last weekend, it started first time and performed perfectly. When doing the pre-flight checks, I pressed the 'motor cut' button and, as expected, the motor cut! On trying to restart, there was no red light to indicate 'all systems go'. The 5 cell power supply was checked and found to be at 99%. Where do I go from here? Is it a call to Horizon or can someone give me a cause and remedy?

Advert

Thanks for that, Cymaz. After much umming and ahhhing, tea drinking and head-scratching, I took the whole system out of the aircraft and tested it on the bench........worked perfectly! Wobbled every connection and shook every item......still worked perfectly! Reassembled and installed into aircraft and still worked perfectly. Checked several times over the next 3 hours.............still working perfectly. Therefore it appears that drinking tea solves all problems........ unless you know better! Happy landings, Roy.