Os fs 61 / 4s

trebor

Having a bad couple of days, yesterday my fuel tank sprung a leak so I got a new one this morning. Cleaned the woodwork and treated with clear coat, started to rebuild and now the woodruff key on the prop shaft drive has vanished crying

It's an old engine but still works good ( till I got hold of it ) does anyone know where I might get a replacement. Looking online parts look thin on the ground. I did find the engine details with a part no 29008219.

Does anyone know if it's made of tool steel of just mild steel. Suppose I could try to make one indecisionangry

Advert

Check out some of the other os engines, the part numbers on some items are the same eg carbs, propdrvers etc you may hit lucky, failing that model fixings do a range of woodruff keys.

FWIW I bought a couple for my os 160 fx from the states and the part fitted a 91 fx iirc part number (I just checked) 29008219 whaddya know!!!!!!

Posted by Braddock, VC on 22/07/2016 19:08:55:

Check out some of the other os engines, the part numbers on some items are the same eg carbs, propdrvers etc you may hit lucky, failing that model fixings do a range of woodruff keys.

FWIW I bought a couple for my os 160 fx from the states and the part fitted a 91 fx iirc part number (I just checked) 29008219 whaddya know!!!!!!

What size shaft have you got on that 91 fx ?

Posted by trebor on 22/07/2016 19:40:28:

Thanks chaps, I saw that Hobbystores one but thought they had just stopped trading ? I've Just been through the bins with a fine tooth combe and a magnet. No luck no

No still doing online mate.

No I've not come across a magnetic one , but a light coat of oil & it could stick to something.

I've had them fall out before but have seen them drop luckily. 

Edited By Justin K. on 22/07/2016 21:25:16

Posted by trebor on 23/07/2016 11:56:56:

I gave Neville at Andover a ring and he's got one, that will give me an excuse to see what he's got downstairs and a chinwag. I'd go today but the other half has dragged me out into the garden.

The A34 / M3 was not a place you would have wanted to be today mate I can assure you.

trebor, standard size shaft, don't know what it is but it's stepped down from the front bearing iirc.Misled you re the interchangeability of the 160 and 91, it's the carb that's the same not the woodruff key.

I mean anyone could make that mistake, they're so alike embarrassed.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 23/07/2016 17:09:21