New Club in Northumberland

Ray Green 1

Ray - I think you need to check your website...

Whilst the URL is www.northumberlandmodelflyers.bmfa.org, the page it opens (for me at least!) is the BMFA club finder page, with a pointer to the Jersey Model Aero Club. And whilst it may be not far short of 40 years since I last lived in Northumberland, I know that Jersey isn't close!

Nor does your new club appear to be found on the BMFA club finder page - though as you haven't mentioned the club name I can't be certain.

Good luck with it anyway!

Thanks for John , I will drop a mail to the bmfa tas they host the site , if you open it in a new browser it points to the site ? As for the club finder the bmfa are just a little challenged with the timescales to have the club added Http://northumberlandmodelflyers.bmfa.org

Ray

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Ray, I had a look on the website for Northumberland Model Flyers, and there does not appear to be any details regarding joining, contacting the club or even the actual location of the club, other than its at Longhirst.

Is the club open to new members? I hope its not one of those funny handshake jobbies like the one near Morpeth (whose name escapes me).

Steven

Good evening Steven ,

I'm not aware of any "funny Hanshakes " in our club so your fine on that point , I removed the contact details from the website due to us having reached our maximum membership , when we do have spaces, I open the contacted details and advertise accordingly.

We used to run a waiting list but found it was not practicable , we find that due to the facilities we offer combined with the atmosphere in the club , we do not have much atrician in the membership , in fact since we started one person has left , only to rejoin 3 weeks later.

Best regards

Ray

Posted by steven patey on 25/07/2017 14:09:10:

I hope its not one of those funny handshake jobbies like the one near Morpeth (whose name escapes me).

Steven

Strange comment, Steven. Would you care to elaborate ?

I'm a member of 2 clubs in Northumberland, one in Blyth the other near Morpeth is there another I should perhaps be aware of ?

Posted by Jim Carss on 26/07/2017 10:32:44:

Pat

I think Steven may be referring to the Tranwell club near Morpeth.

Jim

Yes, Tranwell is near Morpeth but what's the funny handshake comment about ?

Perhaps Steven could explain.

@Pat and Jim,

hello I sent a reply earlier but it didn't send for some reason.

The funny handshake was just a jokey remark about the perceived exclusivity of tranwell that someone I spoke too rightly or wrongly gave me a long time ago. I meant no offence by it.

Regards Steven