Sc 70 running problems

ryan iuiggu

evening everyone

Really struggling to get my sc70 to run correctly, I've had it running for about 6 to 7 tanks, now mounted it in the model ready for flight and just can't seem to get it run, It will run with the glow start on but soon as I remove it, it cuts out, it also doesn't run well on idle, I have tried adjust the mixing but had no joy ATM, I have noticed there is a lot of excess fuel out the exhaust and around the engine,

Any help would be great as it's driving me mad

Advert

There is more than one thing going on here Ryan, and I have so many questions.

Stopping after removal of the glow start points to a very poor glow plug.

Nonchelont reaction to needle adjustment points to pressure leak, either tank, pipes, or motor.

Is the motor new?

Has anyone else fiddled with it?

The SC 70 is a fine motor

Typically ASP and SC engines come with the slow run needle really rich.

The symptoms are coughing/spluttering until the engine stops, stopping altogether, loads of smoke/oil out the exhaust and really poor/smokey throttle response.

What I suggest is you tune the engine for max rpm on a 13x6 prop, then throttle down to idle and if the symptoms you mention persist lean off the slow run needle by 1/8 turn and then punch the throttle open a few times to check the response. If its no better do it again and keep going until there is a sign of improvement. Eventually you will find the idle rpm rises so trim it down and keep going until the throttle response goes bad again. then go back a little a you are done.

It should not take long

Edited By Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 27/08/2016 21:47:01