AeroWorks Yak 55m 50cc QB

Rich too

Posted by Rich2 on 16/10/2016 19:50:34:

The instructions say to screw the servo mount to the fuselage side using 10mm screws. The only ones I can find are in a bag on their own with this odd looking item - any ideas what it for? I cannot find it in the instructions...

img_1008.jpg

Cut a hole in the cowling in line with the jets. Epoxy the ring into the hole as a lining to hide the rough edges. Then you can adjust the needles through the hole without removing the cowl

Edited By Sam Longley on 26/10/2016 18:57:58

Advert

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 26/10/2016 13:46:07:

I think you will find 30 degs is plenty for normal flying (not 3D) Rich. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Adrian, I did get the hinges to move slightly tonight and I have tried resetting them - I'll see if it's a success tomorrow.

Sam, good idea, is that what they are for ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been plodding on it. It's nearly time to fit the cowl and I need to decide on exhaust options. I was tempted by a Pitts type rather than standard, and then I saw the prices! Where do manufacturers get off charging around £100 for exhausts for these motors? And if you want something really decent it's more like £150, which is ridiculous,

I am open to suggestions before I fit the std exhaust?

Edited By Rich2 on 06/11/2016 21:39:01

Thanks Tom, I like JE and their great service, but imho they charge a premium for their exhaust stuff (eg £107 for a Pitts muffler. I bought an AGM one for my DLE 30 for less than £30).

I am tempted by a canister for a change, and I have found a canister for a reasonable price on HK website, just need to find a suitable header pipe.

Edited By Rich2 on 07/11/2016 06:39:17

Edited By Rich2 on 07/11/2016 06:40:11

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 08/11/2016 11:12:29:

Rich, you a brave man to think of using HK at the moment bearing in mind the current thread on this business. It sounds like a disaster.

Haha! We will see as I have now done the deed. After lots of reading I could not justify paying up 3 x more for "branded" kit ( the k s 86 canister and header would have cost me around £250) and so I decided the HK kit was worth a punt. I would have gone for the agm Pitts muffler at £30 but I am keen to move the mess from the exhaust further down the fuselage!

My first header was a disaster, and did not fit. I ordered another from HK, £36 delivered so still cheap, and then I got an £18 bill from customs! Now it's a £54 header surprise

I have learned my lesson, however, the second header appears to be made for the job. I managed to squeeze everything in tonight. Now I'm just waiting for some bolts and high temp silicon...

img_0823.jpg

img_0824.jpg

img_0825.jpg

img_0826.jpg

• 1 month later...