AeroWorks Yak 55m 50cc QB

Rich too

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 04/01/2017 19:58:59:

Is that some heat proof gunk of some sort between the clamps and pipes Rich ?

John

Hi John, the bracket is a slightly loose fit on the pipe so I have used high temp silicon and let it set before tightening.

Edited By Rich2 on 05/01/2017 06:35:26

I got the tank installed today, took me a couple of hours, which seems ridiculous, but a lot of that time is spent planning and trying different configurations. I don't know why but a bought a non rc fuel filter, on the basis that it should be a fit and forget item. I didn't factor in how much bigger it would be, and positioning it was a challenge. It also has 6mm inlet/outlets so getting the fuel tube on was fun - nothing a bit of boiling water couldn't sort! Anyway, all done and I'm pleased with the results. Getting near to completion now.....

img_1182.jpg

img_1183.jpg

img_1184.jpg

Edited By Rich2 on 14/01/2017 17:27:25

Sunday football cancelled today but there was a silver lining, I had time to crack in with the cowl! wink you need patience and a steady hand for this, neither of which am I blessed with laugh but it turned it ok. For some reason I changed a habit of a lifetime and didn't use masking tape to mark the cowl - I used a permanent marker directly onto the cowl blush

img_1201.jpg

img_1203.jpg

img_1200.jpg

img_1197.jpg

Edited By Rich2 on 15/01/2017 13:13:30

Continuing with the cowl, I cut the dummy radial using the suggested hot knife method. And then it was time to glue to the cowl, the supplied clamps did not quite do the job, and some extra padding was required. Don't worry I did centre it!!

img_1215.jpg

Edited By Rich2 on 15/01/2017 18:28:55

So, it was finally time to assemble the plane for the first time and balance using the buddy supplied. The batteries will need to be around the wing tube to balance - about right as I have the added weight of the canister up front. Any ideas on mounting methods? There is no obvious place to put them.

img_1237.jpg

img_1238.jpg

img_1239.jpg

img_1240.jpg

Edited By Rich2 on 22/01/2017 15:27:31

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 22/01/2017 20:41:24:

What I have done, Rich is make a tray that fits into canopy hatch.p1020886.jpgSimilar to putting in my Pilot RC Extra 330SC.p1020465.jpgSame for the AW Edge540. Bit of a pain, but it did the trick.

Thanks Adrian, I did think of that as I'd seen you do it before. I am not keen on it as I usually do semi permanent connections to the batteries. Is there any reason why I cant mount them directly to the top of the wing tube?