Multiplex Royal evo 12

QUADDRA

Hi

Anybody know what I'm doing or what I've done wrong?

Always when setting up a new model, I'd select Glider or Acro, Basic etc Then when I accessed servo calibration, Aileron, Rudder and so on, initially the graph centre point line was always in the centre.

The problem I have now is that when I select a new model the line is way off to the right.

It seems to be happening on most selections apart from Basic, Delta & Heli. Adjusted digital trims but it isnt that.

Of course the problem I have now is that ailerons start way off where they should be and travel is limited.

First Photo from model glider programmed before this issue, shows where the line should be and always used to be when initially adding a new model.

This photo shows where the centre line is every time I try to add a new glider model now.

So any idea what am I doing wrong or what I have a set in the wrong place?

Thanks

Sorry about the photos, I can’t seem to get the forum to accept them. Basically the first photo shows the aileron  calibration graph with the line in centre and the second, same graph but centre line about three quarters to the right.

Edited By QUADDRA on 09/10/2016 17:17:50

Advert

Are you assigning the ailerons to ailerons only or to ailerons+ (i.e. via the mixer), if it's the latter it may be that you've got a mixer active and that is offsetting the ailerons. Remember the templates on the Royal Evo/Pro/Sx are global so make a change in the glider template in one model and it's carried through to all models that use that template.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 09/10/2016 17:35:32

@Frank: mixers are not related to servo calibration. If it would be caused by a mixer, the input to the servo calibration graph would be off center (the dotted vertical line) and hence the surface driven by the servo, but the graph would still be going through the origin/center.

However, I have no idea what is causing the offset. @Quaddra: what do the numbers for points P1 - P5 say?

P.S. If you want to add pictures you have to create an album, tick the box "Public", select Edit Photo's, then Add New Photo's and upload your pictures. Don't forget to save. Then write your reply to the thread and click the camera-icon to add your pictures.

Edited By Max Z on 09/10/2016 18:55:36

I disagree, sorry guys. The only thing that will change the calibration graph is editing the points P1- P5. Mixers could change the servo position, as shown by the dotted(input) line on the horizontal axis, resulting via the graph in the servo position on the vertical axis.

Posted by Max Z on 09/10/2016 18:48:01:

@Frank: mixers are not related to servo calibration. If it would be caused by a mixer, the input to the servo calibration graph would be off center (the dotted vertical line) and hence the surface driven by the servo, but the graph would still be going through the origin/center.

However, I have no idea what is causing the offset. @Quaddra: what do the numbers for points P1 - P5 say?

Edited By Max Z on 09/10/2016 18:55:36

I agree servo calibration is independent of mixers, but if a mixer is active then the input line could be offset, at least that's how I'd read the initial post that the control input line was no longer in the centre, the fact that it was OK in other model templates didn't point to any hardware issue. But I could be wrong.

Hi Quaddra

I have a Royal Evo 9 which exhibits the same characteristics as yours under 'Aileron +' I use this template for my full house gliders in order to get crow braking, spoilers, flaps, reflex and camber. My aileron calibration screen looks much like yours, but with nowhere near the amount of offset. Servo 1 and Servo 5 have the same value of offset.

I also looked at the power templates on my transmitter and found that where flaps are fitted, the offset in the 'Aileron' calibration screen is zero as one might expect, but in the 'Spoiler' calibration screen it is at P4, probably due to the mechanical offset required. I think that your offset may therefore be associated with the spoiler input in 'Aileron +'.

Mixers on the Evo are global for the selected template. It may well be that the spoiler input on another plane using the same template is affecting your new model if the spoiler input was set via a mixer.......

Try turning 'Aileron +' off, use 'Aileron' and setting the flaps up independently using the 'Spoiler' setting.

All I can say is that my planes fly OK in spite of the apparent errors!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Pete

Yes, you've got a mix assigned and that control is inputting into the aileron control (i.e. spoiler). What you need to do in that control is go into the mixer menu, and look at the Aileron+ mixer and then see what inputs are in there, then go to the controls menu and see what control (slider, switch etc) is providing that input. You can either eliminate it in the mixer or just move the control so the aileron input is centered.

It looks very much that you have a spoiler input raising the ailerons.

BTW if you do facebook have a look at the files section in https://www.facebook.com/groups/442949249226372/ there's some programming tutorials on the Royal Pro in there,

(Pete, you beat me too it)

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 11/10/2016 17:00:42

It looks like you guys were right and I was on the wrong track, it is the input to the mixer Aileron+ which has an offset.

Mixer Aileron+ (bottom picture) is part of the standard installation for Glider and Acro, for Basic the ailerons are controlled by the stick without mixing as shown in the top picture.

I checked the manual, when you install the mixer as part of the configuration of a new model as Quaddra did, the parts for spoiler and flap (and elevator) are supposed to be switched off. The only one that could have an offset as default is the 4Flap glider (Don't know if that name is correct, I work with a German menu and manual), the manual is not very clear on that.

Posted by Broken Prop on 11/10/2016 16:52:23:

Mixers on the Evo are global for the selected template. It may well be that the spoiler input on another plane using the same template is affecting your new model if the spoiler input was set via a mixer.......

Pete, the mixer configuration is global, but the settings are model specific. And as i said, the default setting for Spoiler is off

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 11/10/2016 18:15:30

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Max Z on 11/10/2016 18:01:23: The only one that could have an offset as default is the 4Flap glider (Don't know if that name is correct, I work with a German menu and manual), the manual is not very clear on that.

I have checked on my RoyalPro, Offset is not active on installing a new model with the 4Flap Glider as template. Has the mystery been solved?

Max.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Max Z on 25/10/2016 17:48:08:
Posted by Max Z on 11/10/2016 18:01:23: The only one that could have an offset as default is the 4Flap glider (Don't know if that name is correct, I work with a German menu and manual), the manual is not very clear on that.

I have checked on my RoyalPro, Offset is not active on installing a new model with the 4Flap Glider as template. Has the mystery been solved?

Max.

Max, if a change has been made in the mixer definition menu, i.e. to make the spoiler input to flaps switched those changes will carry through to every model which uses that mixer template (if you don't want that to happen make new mixer and give it a different name and then assign that to the output), so although the mixer values are model specific the switches and curves are global for that mixer. Also all the 4Flap Glider template does is load the required mixers (aileron+ etc), but if the mixer has been changed in the mixer definition menu on one model that will carry over to all models that use that mixer.

Max.Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 05/11/2016 08:44:40:

Max, if a change has been made in the mixer definition menu, i.e. to make the spoiler input to flaps switched those changes will carry through to every model which uses that mixer template (if you don't want that to happen make new mixer and give it a different name and then assign that to the output), so although the mixer values are model specific the switches and curves are global for that mixer. Also all the 4Flap Glider template does is load the required mixers (aileron+ etc), but if the mixer has been changed in the mixer definition menu on one model that will carry over to all models that use that mixer.

Frank, I know all that, but as far as I know it is not possible to introduce new default values for the mixer parts that would carry over when creating a new model from a template that uses that mixer. So all parts will be off except the main one, like Flap in Flap+, Aileron in Aileron+, Elevator in Elevator+, etc. But I did not test it myself, so maybe you have a point there.