getting plans printed

david simms 1

Advert

I live in West Sussex and use James Maginnis for printing. Not only prints to any size but has paper on a wide roll so I have had plans that are 2m long. Will reverse print which is useful if you only have the plan for one wing half. No distortion and very cheap too. If you have a three view drawing, for instance, he can manipulate the images to fit it on the paper economically. He has printed PDF files from my memory stick, so if you email him the PDF file he could probably post you the plans and it would not be too expensive if they were folded.

Andy's article is interesting but could be out of date - - the latest free version of Acrobat allows 'tiling' when printing pdf plans, so there is no need to get any other software. You can highlight certain areas and just print that rather than the whole plan. Specify 100 percent ( or whatever you need) Make sure you specify cut lines in the setup which makes it easy to trim the A4 sheets.