Eflite Inductrix Duration

Robert Armstrong 2

Bought the Eflite Inductix FPV after seeing some flying. Also looked at the manual online, which quotes average flight times of about 4 minutes. With the included 200mah battery I am getting about 2.5 minutes. The manual states that LVC occurs at 3volts but when I recharge the battery its showing about 3.8 initially and fully charged at about 100 - 110 mph. Allowing for charging efficiency I am only putting back about 80 - 90 mah into the 200mah battery. Looks like LVC is not at 3volts, but something higher.

Anyone know if the esc LVC can be reset on these models? All my larger esc have the potential to set high, medium and low values for LVC, either through a programming card or via the tx.

Its still a fun little beast, but 2.5 minutes is taking the mickey.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 11/12/2016 21:17:48

Advert

Yes, do a search to find pictures of the board and the points needing solder to short out a resistor.

I found out that a std Inductrix was crying wolf on LVC, yet the same supposedly exhausted cell would then go on to fly a heavier Hubsan X4 (with camera) for a further THREE MINUTES!!

As Glen, I now fly on a timer, which is set to a still conservative 4 and a half mins.

I have one and it is without doubt a fabulous flying machine! I have one standard Efilte (45C?) battery and a few 35C 200 batteries from Banggood or somewhere similar. On all of these batteries I'm getting 4.5 mins if I'm doing a bit of blatting about, over 5 if I'm going steady. At our indoor do this week, others were unsure of the times so for the first time we timed it on several batteries. My only regret is not having any way of recording the footage (that I know of, being a bit back'ard when it comes to technologies like this!) and would love to record some of the 'expoloring' flights I've had around my new shed. Round the back of fuselages, over the gaps between the roof and the Flea etc etc, under the benches and even through the fuselage on the Wellington in the roof, though I did have to get the steps out to retrieve it from the Wellington wing root opening the first time I tried, it went in Ok but snagged on the structure and got stuck inside. Does anyone know of a method of recording footage from Fatshark Attitude goggles?

Ian.

dscf5440.jpg

I gave in to temptation after seeing some at an indoor club event. I am sure they were getting more than 2 minutes per battery. Must ask at the next event.

RCGroups discussion seems to indicate that early boards had an LVC set too high. I have emailed Horizon Hobby support to see it they have any suggestions. Lots of reference to modding the LVC but I haven't found a description/explanation of what was done yet. Quite a few US customers seem to have been sent replacement boards by HH.

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted service at HH about the duration issue. I have received an email stating that I should get 3-4 minutes and that I should send it back for testing. Sent 22/12/16, recorded delivery. Nothing so far and it looks as through the Royal Mail have lost it. Oh dear. (I have just read the mods note about 'inappropriate language' or I might have put something stronger ) angry

Have to order a replacement if the damn (OK?) RM don't find it.

Edited By Robert Armstrong 2 on 04/01/2017 10:51:01

As encouragement guys, I would estimate from sending "recorded" quite often over 10 years that due to staff forgetting, or what ever reason, about 25% are never logged as delivered although in 10 years, I never had a non delivery. Incomplete information is not a firm sign of lost post, there is time yet

Am glad you succeeded in the 1st part of your quest Robert, but it is so annoying that in the past, a Postage Stamp with the Queens Head on was guarantee enough that post was delivered. Due to selling, I send more than once per week by recorded delivery, just to guarantee delivery? Surely paying postage alone, as you say, should be enough, extra payment is extortionate

HH sent out a replacement Inductrix FPV via FedEx (due to 'short flight time' on the FOC invoice). Charged the standard 200mah Eflite battery and an initial, gentle test flight got 4mins 13 seconds from lift off to initial flashing lights.

Reasonable turn round time by HH, considering the Christmas - New Year effect.

So, no excuses for short flight times.

I bought one of these for my son for Christmas, with a extra 2 Eflite batteries. The battery that came with it only lasts just over 2 mins, and the other eflite batteries last about 3 mins.

I have recently started ordering stuff from Banggood.com, and saw these batteries at £2.74 delivered from China (the price drops to £2.52 each when you order 3 or more) **LINK**

An order I placed on the 2nd Jan turned up yesterday and I'm pleased to report I'm getting flight times in excess of 4 mins now.

Hi Rob, I bought myself the QX95, which is faster than the Inductrix, but harder to fly in small spaces, so they are similarly matched flying round the house!

The connector on the batteries is the same, except is has flying leads, this makes little difference connecting to the quad but can be fiddly plugging into the charger. I'm using a Hitec X4 Micro charger which makes things easier.

Use the same charger myself. I am a bit of a nerd about battery states. Love to see what voltage they go to (and try not to discharge too close to zero).

Bought the inductrix because my club here books a very small hall for indoor flying over the winter, and I didn't fancy replacing the ASX3xtra with a Vapor (though an fpv Vapor, maybe). No plans to go outdoor quad.

Graham said that you may be into racing quads now.