Picco 60 S/E carb & exhaust parts wanted

Bill Michie

Hi all, I have recently acquired a 70's vintage Picco 60 but it's missing a couple of bits & I wondered if anyone could help:

The carb is missing the HS needle, it's a threaded needle pressed into an aly sleeve (similar to the Irvine design), probably with an internal o-ring seal.

There is no exhaust stub fitted; it's a circular stub with 2 stud holes & o-ring seal; also a matching manifold (similar to the Rossi tubular one, attached with a spring clamp around the cylinder).

Would love to run this engine (& fit to a model in due course) & it seems otherwise very good, with monster compression (still a noticeable pinch too).

Any ideas or bits? I'm not sure if Rossi or OPS parts would fit or not. Carb has a 16mm spigot with approx 8.5mm bore.

Regards & have a great Christmas!

Bill

Thanks guys; I've looked at various carbs I have with engines, but not many fit due to the spigot size being 16mm! Webra .61 carbs are much smaller spigot size. Hoping (against hope!) to try keep it original if I can. Stangely enough, an Irvine 53 carb slots straight in & has similar bore but MUCH less venturi profile. ST.61 & OS .61 carbs don't fit either, at least without a sleeve, so there are other possibilities if I can't get OEM parts. Exhaust likewise as it's an odd shape/size. IIRC, the Perry carbs were fitted to some Italian engines for better throttling & midrange, or matched to Perry pumps.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking in the meantime.

Regards,

Bill