buddy 6EX & T8J

Steve Ashton

Hi all,

Is there anybody out here that has used a T8J as the instructors set and a 6EX for the pupil, there seems to be contradicting info about it.

Also, I have previously used ailerons on ch 1 and 6, next year I'm going to be setting up a plane that has seperate flap servos, do these go on ch 7 or 8 and controlled either by VR, a switch, or the DT5/6 switches.

There maybe a similar post by myself which seemed to go missing.

regards

Steve

Hi Denis,

Thanks for that, somebody did say that they couldn't be used but what they said didn't make sense to me, they said because the 6ex is on faast and t8j on sfhss they wouldn't work but in trainer mode the pupils output is disabled and the signal is via the master as far as I'm aware.

The 6ex doesn't mention the T8J but then when it's manual was written the T8J didn't exist.

regards

Steve

Hi Steve , yes it will work ok. Any contradiction is probably down to the T8j using a 6v cell in line with the newer Futaba sets whereas the 6EX operates on the older 9.6 volt.

I use the Futaba voltage drop trainer lead "FUTM4405" from my 14SG and it will and has run the older 6 channel set fine. I do also have a T8j but haven't used it as yet.

Flaps wise it's pretty much up to you on what channels you use it's all in the book.

Ok a couple of things here, John: the master is the T8j on sfhss, the slave/pupil set, ie the 6EX should hv the tx output disabled when the correct end of the cable is fitted, I have tgat some cables are labelled master/slave on the plugs, so my understanding with this type is the slave is sending stick/trim/ and mixes depending on the trainer settings in the master t8j.

Justin: my t8j came with 4 cell NiMH pack which is why i asked about battery selection. A couple of years ago

Santa has brought me two more receivers for the t8j

The person that told me t8j and 6ex couldn't be used together? A ripmax rep!

Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Ashton on 25/12/2016 20:48:27

Edited By Steve Ashton on 25/12/2016 20:49:13

Edited By Steve Ashton on 25/12/2016 20:50:01

Sorry about the delay John, and don't forget this is for All makes of radio. Not just Futaba. They do not talk, they are Hard wired by buddy lead to the master, just the sticks and the trainer button flicks between the two tx.

The Master is the only Tx signal bound to the model, the slave has No transmission. A switch connects the master sticks to the novices sticks when thrown or pressed. It also does not matter which mode they are. A mode 1 instructor can assist a mode 2 novice

Posted by Denis Watkins on 31/12/2016 15:54:39:

With any buddy Ste, It doesn't matter, wireless or cable, there is only one Tx, the master, bound to the model. No matter what its protocol, the Master Tx switches off its sticks, and uses the sticks in the slave Tx when the trainers switch is operated.

Not so Denis. With the dual-rx setup outlined above, both transmitters are bound to the model and both transmit all the time. The active receiver is chosen by a channel on the master tx. (I know, is my design!).

Cheers
Phil

Hi

In the Dual Receiver setup, you have as the name suggests, two sets of transmitter/receiver and in fact there is no information going from one set to the other. The neat trick is that one set is connected to the Ctrl of the Dual Receiver Controller via its receiver and you can, with one switch on that transmitter, control which set actually is flying the plane.

Congratulations on a smart and simple design Phil.

There is a video on RCModelReviews that explains this very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t1QmKa1LTI

Happy New Year
B.

• 3 years later...

Hi Everybody,

Sorry I have to revive this slightly, I have bought an Arrow Marlin but before I fly it, I thought I'd practice with flaperons to get into the habit of using flaps.

I have the T8J and T6EX connected ok, all trims and sticks switching over ok apart from a problem with the flaperons.

With them setup ok on the T8J, I moved onto setting up the T6EX, what I did was enable flaperons on the T6EX and tried trimming and throws etc, I cannot get any movement at all from the T6EX flap switch - Flaps are enabled on the T8J's trainer screen.

If I disable the flaperons on the T6EX and just use flaps trim and trims/throws in general, the flaps are almost perfect between the two.

I can't get the same amount of flaps travel from the T6EX as I can from the T8J.

Anybody any clues, not really crucial as I'm looking for another T8J