90mm EDF advice

Stevo

Hi All,

I have to get a 90mm EDF for my Blackhorse Sky Jet. I don't want a screamin' demon.. I like 'em nice and quiet.

Oh what to buy? Recomended setup is 8S,100A, min thrust 3.7kg.

Help! As I say, nice and quiet, but I have not got an unlimited budget

If funds allow I'd suggest the Wemotec Midifan Evo. I have two Minifan Evos' and a Midifan Evo and they are the best value for money EDF units IMHO. They're balanced to perfection and performance with a sublime soundtrack is guaranteed

For Wemotec sales TurbinesRC in France supply a great service as do Puffin Models in the U.K.

Buying direct from Wemotec can sometimes be a lengthy frustrating experience!

• 1 month later...
Posted by Bill_B on 06/01/2017 09:20:16:

If funds allow I'd suggest the Wemotec Midifan Evo. I have two Minifan Evos' and a Midifan Evo and they are the best value for money EDF units IMHO. They're balanced to perfection and performance with a sublime soundtrack is guaranteed

For Wemotec sales TurbinesRC in France supply a great service as do Puffin Models in the U.K.

Buying direct from Wemotec can sometimes be a lengthy frustrating experience!

Thanks Bill,

The Wemotec fans are THE ones to use (along with a couple of other EU produced fans including Vasa etc). I know exactly how to use them, but we went from "Expert Dealer" to not getting re-supply or returned e-mails in an instant. So, our experience of dealing directly with Oliver is an extremely lengthy frustrating experience!

I have just bought the Blackhorse Mig 29 and this asks for two fans of the same spec as the one you are after. Jetfan V2 90mm are also good, but can be made better by using a 36mm HET housing per Jepe or ExtremeRC, but not the cheapest. Both the above claim 4.0kg thrust at 80 to 85 Amps so more efficient. I have gone with ExtremeRC CNC alloy housings, Jetfan V2 90mm rotors, HET 650-68-1600kv motors, expected to give 4.5kg thrust at 100 Amps on 8S. What swung it is I travel to Australia on business so I bought them there and you have a much larger duty free allowance carrying things in than having them posted.

img_4252 (custom).jpg