Six Nations Rugby Union 2017

john stones 1 - Moderator

We can only hope he lasts. I get the impression, so far, of a fine line breaker. But it's all right hitting a back, ideally a wing. But spend too much time hitting second row, locks and you get broken. And he is a good player without all the brutal bit.

I have the broken bones to prove this observation. Without any great talent.

Edited By Donald Fry on 07/03/2017 20:10:42

Advert

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 10/03/2017 21:54:03:

What's the penalty for kicking a left centre all round the pitch??????????????? angry 2

It's getting the backlash from past performances. As we English, if we overcome the Scots, God willing, will face next week from your lot. Rest well, off to bed, me.

As a pretty much neutral, although in this instance i did prefer the Welsh team to win, a very good game.

From both teams perspectives, small errors and a sharp referee was possibly the deciding factors. A Irish player going offside in a drive, spotted by the referee. A very dubious challenge by a linesman, dismissed after review by the referee. The referee had a very good game, no absolutely glaring errors.

Interestingly (at least to me) one of the commentators suggested, that at the briefing with Italian team and referee, the Italians made the non rucking plain to the officials. It was suggested that the Irish team tried it once, although, as their was another in addition to the tackler it was a ruck.

I thought i did spot a blocking move as the Irish team switched the ball across the line, although nothing was given and the move came to nothing. All in all, not a contentious game at all, extremely engaging, full of action, most enjoyable.

Hmm England, we will see.

I've not been watching the build up but I've just heard from my wife that Farrell's playing. If the Times is to be believed that was never really in doubt. Phew!

I know that he's not the be-all and end-all of the England team but I think that England will need to have their strongest team and be at their best for today's game. If they play like they did before the 6-nations they should be OK, even if Scotland are playing well. If not......