Can You Name ALL These WW 2 Aircraft?

Dai Fledermaus

Advert

I got them all too - because I own those little square "Fighters" volumes of "Warplanes of WW2" by William Green, which have read for years and years and am a super nerd.

In fact I am such a nerd that I can explain why question 10 looks nothing like a Mitsubishi A5M3. It's because it's not. In fact it's a very poor artists impression of a Boeing P26, taken from a hilariously inaccurate and overconfident WW2 aircraft film for U.S. forces claiming to provide identification details for a Japanese army AND navy fighter called a"Type 96" (navy) and"Type 97" (army) - confusion between an A5M3 and a Ki 27?

The horrible P26 drawing appears early in the film as the aircraft the Japanese were "copying"! Some good old American "alternative facts" here, I fancy.

The film is on YouTube as"Identification of Aircraft Japanese Fighters 96 and 97" - 11.25 minutes of pure gold rubbish.

36 out of 49. I really enjoyed that Dai.

Alex Ferguson. I am not making it horrible or unsavoury in regard to your comments.

Images of many aircraft were once just drawings. photos are very rare of early machines. I have an aircraft book of drawings of some, and script only of others, rare aircraft described best as the enthusiast of the time could garner. A wire here, and an extra shroud here and there is not uncommon for the progression of any improvement of a version classified as the same model.

bbc