Can You Name ALL These WW 2 Aircraft?

Dai Fledermaus

Advert

39 for me, in a hasty dash not taking quite as much care as I should - though I really couldn't have scored more than one or two more. Lots of weird types there I'd never even heard of! One or two bad pics made ID-ing tricky. National markings were sometimes a giveaway. Interesting bit of fun. I tried the similar "gun recognition" quiz on that site and did much better, only 3 wrong.

48 for me. No hints used. Missed by thaat much. With apologies to Agent 86.

Someone wrote they did not believe the P26 had flown in war .Not post Pearl Harbour. Looking at my reference, 'Flying against the Rising Sun', it reads 10 were used by the Chinese Nationalists defending Nanking from Japan from mid 1937. Most were destroyed in short order.

Having a choice from four made it a lot easier. I could recognise most of them directly or at least by knowing that it wasn't one of the others. The Ambrosini lightweight fighter was instantly recognisable but I wouldn't have remembered what it was called without having a list to choose from. The Mitsubishi A5M looking like a slimmed down P26 and having US style stripes on the rudder made me blink, but it certainly wasn't one of the other three. My memory isn't improving with age and I'm better with older stuff than some of the more recent types, particularly the civil ones. Perhaps it is because they don't interest me so much, another reflection of the years in which I grew up probably.