Where can I get an EDF Saab Viggen kit or ARTF?

David Pearce 4

I’m sure we all have a favourite aircraft that we’d like to have a model of. Yes, more than one for most of us but if I had to choose one only from my bucket list it would be the Saab Viggen.

ARTF or kit availability appears poor. Flite Test do slab sided foamy which is available through Sussex Models and they also have a plan for a more detailed model but no parts. There is a Swedish kit which looks superb from www.mbs-rcmodels.se. At 897mm span it’s perfect but being Swedish it’s about £240 plus cost of importing!

I know a large composite was available also but what I’d really like is something that could be powered by a 3S or 4S EDF, either as a kit or ARTF. Does anyone know of anything suitable?

Thanks

Advert

I have the larger Viggen and it's quite theraputic to put together! definitely not one to rush, but for doing while you have half an eye on a film on a dreary afternoon it's brilliant!

The kits leave a lot to be decided by the builder such as equipment location and mounting, wing fixing/removal, retract mounting etc, but this isn't a problem for anyone with some experience.

Posted by David Pearce 4 on 21/02/2017 13:33:13:

Pete

I'm staggered by the method of construction and the great range of prototypes. J29 is very tempting but it's the Viggen that I need most. I'm guessing this manufacturer isn't well known here yet. It maybe worth a post all of its own?

I'd be interested in your choice of power set up.

Thanks again.

Andy has put a link to the thread on RCG that has a stack of info and various builds on with power setups, but mine will be getting either a 90 or 105mm 12 blade fan for 6 or 8 cells. The fuselage will accommodate either so it depends what I've got available at the time. I doubt that the weight will be an issue, particularly as I'm a habitual bungee launcher wink 2