Poded Motor mount hunt

Tim Ballinger

Hi,

Anyone know where I can source an integral fuel tank and engine pod like the one in the photo. The original is over 45 years old and I have just resurrected my big impala of similar vintage and had to clean the grunge out of the tank by breaking the original weld. Cyno has worked for a dozen or so flights but I have had to re glue again today.

I can not find anything similar available on line. Any help appreciated.

Tim

img_0908.jpg

Advert

As Gonzo but also use a small Rx in the pod using only the throttle control of the Tx, power fed from the ESC's BEC. It means that it doesn't need any physical connection to the pod which can be removed if you want to fly the model as a pure glider.

Idea from PhilG the s/c king.

The original was obviously melted together by a hot wire (wire was still in the join) so melting it is a thought. Perhaps use the mini torch fitting on my gas soldering iron.

... and yep I might well go electric in due course; just wanted something quick and easy while I was building other stuff.

Did you really mean bind two Rx's to one tx ? Did not know you could do that but sounds an Elegant solution if it works without confusing the tx computer.

Tim

Posted by Tim Ballinger on 24/02/2017 17:27:18:

Did you really mean bind two Rx's to one tx ? Did not know you could do that but sounds an Elegant solution if it works without confusing the tx computer.

Tim

I use Frsky gear, there's no problem binding 2 or more Rx's to a single Tx memory if required.

IIRC Phil Green uses the set up I described in his Impala.

I will definitely go electric sometime but I'm still rather attached to my old OS10 and without recourse to building a complete new pylon and courtesy of an Italian model shop I have finally found a replacement mount with integral tank. Even better than before because the rear tank is now a screw on item.

Does me for now . Thanks for the ideas.

Tim

img_0916.jpg