Spectrum servo are they compatible to a Futaba receiver?

Rocker

I have been offered a futaba T8J transmitter and two R2008SB receivers very cheap (old club member is packing up model flying).I have a Spectrum DX6i and would love to upgrade to this T8J .He has said to me that the Spectrum servos will fit in the R2008SB receiver and will work fine with the Futaba T8J Radio .I think he is right in what he is saying and most servo will fit in different makes of receivers.Can someone confirm this for me before I buy the radio and receivers.He is like me we are not that knowledgeable when it comes the technical side of model flying

Advert

I can't imagine there will be a problem. I have a set of Futaba 148s (5) and a HiTec servo running from an AR7000. I also have a set of 3003s running off an orange Rx.

Three things to remember,

Plug polarisation methods are slightly different, ensure you get the connectors in correctly, if you get it wrong you will do no damage they just won't work.

Servo travel is slightly different between the brands, measure control surface travel before and after the change.

Only run a supply voltage that does not exceed that of the lowest voltage device.

Shaunie.

I have used a huge variety of servos with Futaba, Spektrum and Hitec. These servos have also included Supertec as sold by Perkins up to a while ago and also other independant makes.

They all worked.

The only thing is that Futaba servos used on othe Receivers have to have the rib down the side trimmed of as other makes of receiver do not have the groove for that rib.