need help

john melia 1

hi everyone , i need some guidance please

i have a ngh 30cc fourstroke , and a seagull glasair which would take a 120 sized fourstroke , the os 120 weighs 1000g and the ngh 30cc fourstroke weighs 1265g
the approx wing loading of the glasair is 35oz per foot , and the wingspan is 71 inches , would it be possible to install the ngh in the seagull

Advert

Going by the manufacturers info and some rudimentary calculations, the wing loading ranges from 34 - 41 oz/square foot so if all the equipment installed brings it within this range, you ought to be OK...and of course, any nose weight required will be reduced by the heavier engine. Fuel load may also be reduced although I'm not familiar with the NGH's consumption figures.

One further consideration, bearing in mind the model is shown as suitable for 91 to 110 four stroke glows is the firewall strength - you're mounting a 180 petrol which is likely to vibrate significantly - be prepared to reinforce the structure if in any doubt!

Edited By Martin Harris on 05/04/2017 14:02:47

Posted by simon barr on 05/04/2017 16:57:22:

John, did you sus out your servos as per your previous inquiry in your last post about this model? We never heard back....

yes simon , i'm using mcgregor hv servos , the model certainly doesnt need them , but i have them sitting in my drawer so i might as well use them

It is a pain when you have a spare motor that you want to keep in the air, and you have finally decided the right course I feel.

My experience with Seagull has been all good, and usually, when everything is put in place, it works.

Extra power is useful, but in my view again, if the throttle stick is not useful, through all of its travel for most of the time then the motor is not being used to its full potential and best torque range, to show it off too.

Edited By Denis Watkins on 06/04/2017 08:04:05