drone footage

Phil 9

Advert

Oh dear! Almost all are being flown in places that are either 'inappropriate' (over buildings/congested areas) or inadvisable (over water with a low battery, in dense trees looking where you've been, not where you're going!)

The one at 2:10, I suspect, has gone into "return to home" fail-safe mode. The signal has been lost, largely due to the huge rock between it and the transmitter, so it goes off on a GPS-guided route back to home. Straight through the huge rock that caused the fail-safe to trigger in the first place. D'Oh!

I guess most got what they deserved...

Posted by John Privett on 23/04/2017 10:49:26:

Oh dear! Almost all are being flown in places that are either 'inappropriate' (over buildings/congested areas) or inadvisable (over water with a low battery, in dense trees looking where you've been, not where you're going!)

And I guess pretty well all of them outside of the UK I'm pleased to say! Having flown, and sent teams to fly, abroad I can tell you that outside of Europe, the USA and Austrialia/New Zealand most of the world is totally unregulated where drone flying is concerned and has not even thouight of an education/information programme. And so this is the sort of thing you get. Sadly there are some very stupid people in the world and left entirely to their own devices, without regulation or guidance, they will revert to type and do very stupid things!

BEB

BEB is on the cusp with his comment. Good honest truth too. we responsible guys and gals will feel the heat for a little while but more stringent laws will eventually come into place. whether that is comprehensive ID as if you are buying a mobile phone or stricter then so be it, as long as it is not an extra cost to us long registered and qualified fliers within a club then i am ok with novices paying extra and being told to join a club first.

aim your drones at me now if you like but big brother will know who or whom you are. Brought to you by H.G>Wells.

Edited By bouncebounce crunch on 23/04/2017 13:17:25

I normally fly planes but I'm also on the verge of buying a nice, expensive foldaway drone. As a consequence I've watched a lot of these videos recently. I've looked at which one I should buy, what to do before flying and the manufacturers own output. I've also grazed the abundant 'what not to do with your drone' videos. I agree that most of them are caused by people rich enough to buy the drone but stupid enough to fly backwards in a forest! They then post a video telling others to beware. These are the Darwin Awards for the drone world.

Luckily, most are from other countries but not exclusively. The trouble is, the electronics have advanced at such a rate that nearly everyone can guide a drone around the sky. Paying £1100 in the morning and flying around Tower Bridge in the afternoon is possible. They then post a video wondering what happened when they flew backwards, hit some part of the structure and then plummeted into water.