Four motor

Advert

When I did mine I did a 'double twin' set up. Two channels ganged onto the throttle stick, the inners were the master channel and the outers on a slave channel. The outers were switchable, OFF or Throttle stick. I have used a similar set upon both lekky and ic models.

Two batteries, one driving the outer motors and one the inners.

Pairing the motors left and right would not be a good idea

Posted by Den Moran on 24/04/2017 08:48:00:

Sorry, Frank,

I don't know how to identify those two types! Thanks for your reply.

That's what I wanted, Denis, thank you very much!

Den, Swansea

Den, the easy way to tell is brushed motors just have two wires from them and brushless have 3. Brushed are what we used to use but they aren't as powerful as brushless, but you could have driven 4 motors off one ESC, where as each brushless motor has to have it's own ESC.

Hi Den

For brushed motors, (two wire), you can actually use a single ESC.

For brushless motors, (three wire), you need one ESC per motor.

I currently have three 4 motors, B-17, Lancaster, Sunderland.

And four 2 motors, B25, Mosquito, Mig 144, Catalina.

I'm just along the road in Neath if you want any information, (or to buy anything wink 

Ray.

Edited By eflightray on 24/04/2017 19:22:30

Edited By eflightray on 24/04/2017 19:22:54

Hi, Ray!

Thanks for that! I'm getting there, although I suspect my build 'wishlist' far outreaches my available time! At the mo, I'm nearing my 'A' Cert (2 wks,hopefully!), although I've been flying for quite a time now. Looking into a seaplane build as my swansong re: multi-motors - a Short Solent four motor -'Aranui', used on the Coral Route back in the 50's. I've actually seen the aircraft in Auckland, when I visited relations last year.

Do you know who it was it with the Short Sunderland up around Merthyr (on youtube, I think)?

I'm in Swansea and Llanelli Clubs at the moment, although I'm thinking about going to Meidrim for an A Cert. workshop in two weeks time.

What are you selling?

Den

If it was this video, then it's mine --

I have also flown it off grass quite a lot, a search on youtube for eflightray should find some videos.

As for things for sale, it depends on what you want, I really do need to thin things out a bit, from very cheap to still cheap.

Ray.  link to my models web page  http://www.eflightray.x10host.com/

Edited By eflightray on 25/04/2017 12:50:52

Hi, Ray,

Lovely models, I'll pass the info to my mates - not looking for anything at the mo - I still have five still in boxes, and others bought 2nd hand I haven't prepped yet!

I saw your vid at Glynneath ponds - nice touch with the onboard cam! How do you access those ponds? is it through Cwmgwrach?My mate and I both have Icon A5's to fly, but are now thinking about using the beach at Llanelli, because we cannot find anywhere suitable.

The vid I saw was at Fochriw Pond, above Merthyr

Den