Spinners

i am foremost a petrol engine guy , but bought a saito 125a , and i'm having a right old time getting a spinner for this engine

i bought a plastic spinner with an aluminium back plate which lasted three flights , on the fourth it exploded while using the starter

i then bought an aluminium spinner , with the usual single bolt through the centre , but it wont fit as the sujpplied adapter nut will not screw on the crank far enough

can someone point me in the right direction for a spinner for this engine , spinner needs to be no bigger than 2.5 inches , and its to go on the seagul glasair , which by the way i maidened last weekend and its a joy to fly

Hi John, in the past I've had to cut the bolt to fit. Call MacGreggor in Reading they should be able to help. Also, Inwoods in Cambridgeshire do domed locking nut for Saitos if it suits.

Edited By ASH. on 25/04/2017 09:21:46

Most spinner nuts are brass John,

But Just engines do all manner of steel equivalents

To save aluminium shreading, do not go too big, as they will flex when applying the starter

I use mostly 2 inch as they are quite sturdy and do not look so bad

I appreciate you want bigger than 2.5, but these have to be best fit and can be pinned for strength buy 2 bolts through the backplate

Edited By Denis Watkins on 25/04/2017 09:31:06

Try Tru-Turn in the USA. They're not cheap but they are excellent quality and will do a custom cut on the spinner if you tell them what size and make of prop you intend using. They also do special lock nuts and spinner bolts to suit just about any engine