Help with ID please...

I have just aquired this twist wing slope soarer from the estate of a fellow modeler who died last year.

Can anyone put a name to it, please?

If I remember correctly, it was a plan from the late '80s / early '90s.

Any info on control throws would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

img_2233.jpg

Edited By simon barr on 07/05/2017 12:52:21

Advert

No idea what it is, but assuming it's a pitcheron (which looks the case from the pic) it will need as much pitch movement as you can get, and very little roll - 5mm or so should be fine.

Edited By MattyB on 07/05/2017 16:19:16

Finale - A free plan in the April.88 Radio Modeller by Mike Freeman. The control movements are given as (both pitch and roll) 3/8 -5/8" at the wing root trailing edge. Original weight 18oz. C.G. at 2.75" from the root L.E. i.e. about 0.35" in front of the wing pivot. He had another more orthodox layout plan but still with wing twist, as a freebie in May.86 RR. This was called 'Sequel." Let's know how it flies.smileyAlso 'Zippy' tailess elevon sloper in RR April. 87.

Edited By ERIC CLAPHAM on 08/05/2017 13:38:43

Posted by ERIC CLAPHAM on 08/05/2017 13:28:57:

Finale - A free plan in the April.88 Radio Modeller by Mike Freeman. The control movements are given as (both pitch and roll) 3/8 -5/8" at the wing root trailing edge. Original weight 18oz. C.G. at 2.75" from the root L.E. i.e. about 0.35" in front of the wing pivot. He had another more orthodox layout plan but still with wing twist, as a

Interesting. I would say 5/8" aileron movement would really be a lot for a model like this - you may want to set up dual or variable rates on pot (if your TX can do that) to give you a better chance of success. Another alternative is to "fly" the model in your hand on the slope edge whilst having someone else move the controls to get a feeling for how much effect they are having.

Edited By MattyB on 08/05/2017 17:55:09

I fancied this when it came out and even found a pair of foam wings which (suitably modified) would save me a wing build. But for whatever reason, the project got put to one side.

A few months back I decided I needed a 'BIBOC' soarer and that this would fit the bill, but despite searching high and low, I could not find the plan. I tried Outerzone in vain, but googling it turned up an ebayer who was advertising the mag, complete with plan for less than a fiver posted!

When the mag arrived, I took the plan out and retrieved the foam wing from storage. I'd packed the panels carefully, and safely folded in between them was my original plan...